The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'12 Boss #2654 Finally found a home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been looking at Boss's off and on since they were released but never actually thought Id get the chance to actually own one. This last month I seriously started looking. My #1 Choice was Competition Orange, then GHG. Well, I made a deal on a CO Boss with 2500 KM and last week the deal fell through after spending 3 weeks trying to make the deal. Well Saturday my father told me to go to Brockville and look at a Red one. I really wasnt interested in red at the time but after seeing it in person I was hooked.
Monday Night I drove home my Brand New '12 Boss that had been sitting in the dealers show room since Dec '11

Mustang%20Boss%20001.jpg

Mustang%20Boss%20008.jpg

Mustang%20Boss%20010.jpg

Never honestly thought I would ever own a brand new vehicle, not to mention owning a Boss :)

And here is a picture to explain my NickName :) My other Stangs

Machs%20102.jpg

Look forward to spending some time around here & learning about Boss's :)

Matt K
Kingston Ontario

Congratulations and welcome to BMO. You have a terrific collection going.

NewBossowner said:
Welcome to BMO, and contrary to what all these other Nancy's believe Red really is the fastest color. ;D

LOL
So far I am VERY happy with the red, also am getting tones of compliments. Gonna take your word about the "fastest colour" :)

Beautiful car! I didn't want red either when I was looking but I am so happy with it now. If I ever travel east I will keep my eyes peeled for your stangs!

I originally ordered Red, and then switched to white. I love the red, only finalized on the white because of the contrast with the stripes. Your car is beautiful! Now you need to sign up for Track Attack while you still can. There are not many dates left.

Congratulations and welcome to BMO! I just got back from Track Attack and while there I was able to see most of the Boss colors. I must say that I was amazed at how good that color looked on the Boss. Nice choice!

I must confess, I do really like the GHiG, reminds me of a slime lime 340 4spd Dodge Demon I owned back in my younger years. I did enjoy that car.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Congrats and my condolences on not finding the *Best* color! You'll be happy with any color Boss, but that Comp Orange would be incredibly awesome in your stable...only thing better (if it wouldn't bother you) is the Comp Orange w/ white stripes!!

Welcome to the site! :)

Grant 302 said:
Congrats and my condolences on not finding the *Best* color! You'll be happy with any color Boss, but that Comp Orange would be incredibly awesome in your stable...only thing better (if it wouldn't bother you) is the Comp Orange w/ white stripes!!

Odd, our local dealer had a Comp orange with white stripes on the lot for the longest time, had it marked down $6,000 below sticker and couldn't move it. Had to ship it to another dealer to get it off their lot. Kinda sad to see a Boss that no one wanted. :(

Too bad about the CO boss wouldve went great with the collection, but this one is a great deal too! Welcome!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NewBossowner said:
Odd, our local dealer had a Comp orange with white stripes on the lot for the longest time, had it marked down $6,000 below sticker and couldn't move it. Had to ship it to another dealer to get it off their lot. Kinda sad to see a Boss that no one wanted. :(

That's not surprising...these 'creamsickles' are hard to sell and don't really appeal to the masses. They'll be the collector cars of the distant future.

Grant 302 said:
That's not surprising...these 'creamsickles' are hard to sell and don't really appeal to the masses. They'll be the collector cars of the distant future.

They are all great cars, I love my RR, would have liked the Black LS but we couldn't find one at the time it was purchased. Color is a subjective thing, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure everyone here loves their Boss no matter what color it is.

I just feel sad for all of you that bought the slower, non red ones. :p

TMO Supporting Vendors