The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'12 Boss 302 - Raybestos Brake Pads Impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
I recently had to change the stock front brake pads (~ 8,800 miles and 11 track days/HPDEs for those interested in wear life) and decided to try Raybestos OE match premium pads because my mechanic carries them and they have lifetime warranty. They are supposed to be specific for brembo equipped Mustangs and I figured if worst comes to worst, I keep them for the street with free replacements for life and get a different set for the track.

Initial impressions are great - much better initial bite and feels stronger through the pedal range. My worry now is how they handle heat. I found the stock pads to be (relatively) terrible when cold - it used to take about two laps for them to get hot enough and that's probably because they were made to have peak performance at hotter temperatures. I probably won't get to try the Raybestos ones on the track until next spring but other than my concern with heat, they seem very good.

TMO Supporting Vendors