The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

12 or 13 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since I now have to replace my hood. I was wondering if I should stay with the 2012 front end or update to the 2013 ? What do you guys think ? I'm on the fence on this.

Not worth changing the whole front end. Just buy another TR hood.

I'd stay with the '12. Personally don't like when people try to change their car. Like putting on the 13-14 tail lights on the 12s. But of course she's your Boss and do what makes you happy. Just my .02.

once a 12 always a 12.
Not need to lie about your cars age.. :eek:

IMO I truley like the 12 nose better. But thats my own opion and its your car. Good luck on which ever path you may head down.

Stay with the 2012 hood unless you replace it with a Tiger hood. I have a 2013 and I prefer it over a 2012 but I would never convert a 12 to the 13. Both years are sexy cars.

I stayed 2012, Replaced the Tiger Racing hood with another one. First hood showed up crushed and cracked so the 2nd was ordered it got here last week. Dropping the car off this coming Monday to finish off the repairs and paint.

TMO Supporting Vendors