The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#1241 has arrived!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Ordered this December 2nd of last year. Just arrived at the dealer Saturday morning. Paid MSRP...no deals to be had on this car unless you own a dealership.

Fmr28.jpg

#1241 of 3250 for the 2012 MY.

First thing after leaving the dealer I stopped at a friend's house and pulled the restrictor plates out of the side pipes, thing sounds MEAN. I have a set of mufflers in the garage already waiting to replace the stockers.

Then we broke her in with a 250mi round trip drive to Prescott AZ up the AZ 89, one of the most scenic drives in the country.

She pulls like a freight train all the way to the rev limiter at 7500 rpm. Clutch is way lighter than in my '06. Recaro seats are super-comfortable and supportive.

Pics:

HCynH.jpg

QDwqy.jpg

pH23G.jpg

WIIv2.jpg

iWqGC.jpg

Gauge sweep @ startup
qrJyt.jpg

hn57V.jpg

That same night (yesterday) the passenger rear tire went massively flat. Found a piece of a razorblade in the tread. Don't know if I got slashed or just dumb luck but the car is sitting in my garage on jackstands until I can get a replacement tire :( Not able to be patched so I can't even drive around on the original one in the meantime :(
285/35/19 P-Zero lists around $475, btw.

Can't wait to get her back on the road (but more importantly, to the track), however :)

Also installed the Roush mufflers (scared my dogs upon revs), locking gas cap, and K&N last night during the downtime :)

Congratulations! I really like the RR and Black combo. What's the first performance mod going to be?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Congrats! Let the track mods begin ;D

Brake ducts and trans scoop are in the garage already. Need to order camber plates, DTC60s for the front, flush the brake fluid, order NT01s, adjustable rear swaybar (just in case).

All that will be ready-to-go by end of this month. :)

First track event will either be beginning or end of September depending on work travel schedule. Can't wait to get out there and see how she feels.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
With those three mods you should be able to say you are putting out 450 HP. ;)

I was contemplating getting her dynoed next week (already have 275 miles), but the heat out here right now makes it pointless.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Congrats! I was going to try and dyno my car soon. I'd love to see the difference with those Roush mufflers. Also, as much as I hate to say it, the RR/B looks pretty good. This coming from a guy who can't stand red/black combinations due to some silly college.

A long wait over and the prize in the driveway. Congratulations! A real bummer tho about the tire getting cut - you going to get any break from a road hazard warranty on the replacement?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Gary:

I'm hoping to have some data from the guys running the FRPP radiator or the oil-to-air cooler by then, however my current plan is to just run the stock setup w/ some water wetter and see how she fares. My credit card is smoking (and will continue to--maybe it needs a new radiator, too) from all that stuff being bought for the car to get ready for track season.

I will be watching the results of the aftermarket part trials closely.

UFNavy: She's a beauty...college rivalries are dumb (unless you're in the stands at the game!)

Jim: Dealer is going to sign me up for the tire warranty and cover the cost of the tire, $295 for the warranty but it saves $200 right now and will cover me for future incidents. Lucky break.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
That's a good dealer there. That's exactly why I got the tire coverage just in case. Never know and it sounds like it already almost have paid for itself.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
ufnavy06 said:
That's a good dealer there. That's exactly why I got the tire coverage just in case. Never know and it sounds like it already almost have paid for itself.

The tire was $481 so yeah--it already paid for itself! Very happy w/ the dealer :)

TMO Supporting Vendors