The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'13/14 brake ducting - intake piece only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I have pieced together a brake cooling kit for my 2014 GT after cooking RBF600 fluid recently. First, thanks to Steve at Blowfish Racing for the backing plates - they went in easily last night. Also have picked up 12' of high temp silicone ducting. Last thing I need is the intake piece that replaces my stock foglight blankoff plate. I've been unable to locate anything reasonable for my car...

Anyone know of an insert available on it's own for a reasonable price? My other consideration is trying to create a resin casting piece by carving out foam to the right shape and attempting to pour my own insert to put in for track days. Anyone done something like this? It's worth it to my to save quite a bit of $ over the Ford Racing kit (I've spent a total of $120 so far...). But I want a clean setup at the same time

Haven't seen too much out there on this specific topic - appreciate feedback.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I just saw the ford scoop part numbers somewhere...if only I could remember where that was. I am on the job. I will find it for you. it would be a benefit to have that info for my kits anyhow.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
...BOOM! I found it!

right bezel is DR3Z17E810BA (22.94 from Tousley Ford)
left bezel is DR3Z17E811BA (22.68 from Tousley Ford)

Subscribed! So basically you can assemble the FR kit http://fordracingparts123.com/chassis-parts/brake-kits-components/2013-mustang-brake-duct-kit-m-2004-mba/ sold for $357, for about 170 bucks sourcing plates from blowfish, intake fogs from Ford, and tubing/clamps/zip ties from your favorite supplier?

I'm in!

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
pufferfish said:
happy to help!

btw, where do you get the high temp hose and clamps for $45? that stuff is way expensive!

I used your August promotion code to pick up the backing plates for ~$65, and I spent ~$60 on Amazon for the ducting. It was a fantastic deal (had to pay $7 shipping, but still great). Specifically I bought Thermoid High Temperature Silicone Ducting. I think there was only one or two of them left as advertised on Amazon, so scooped it up!

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
pufferfish said:
...BOOM! I found it!

right bezel is DR3Z17E810BA (22.94 from Tousley Ford)
left bezel is DR3Z17E811BA (22.68 from Tousley Ford)

And those are the Boss bezels with the opening huh? That's awesome, I searched for the past week for those. And I had previously thought my Google skills were up to snuff. Guess I can still learn a few things!

I was making a list of parts myself for a braking cooling kit. I found that rehagen has inserts, but it was pretty expensive.

Edit: heres a link of the parts i was reffering to.
http://www.rehagenracingproducts.com/2013-MUSTANG-BOSS-302S-BRAKE-DUCT-M-2004-MR.htm

What do I know--I'm the new guy here. :p It appears I'm wrong about the kit bezels as they look stock, not like stock with rivited flanges. But I can't tell from the parts explosions what the bezels you quote look like.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Seems to me the easiest way to find out for sure is to go to your local ford dealer and order one from the parts desk. When it comes in, you inspect it and return it if its not right ;D

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I also ordered the "w/racing" bezel - will post once it comes in. Mine might arrive late next week though.

As long as the cutout is there, I am not too concerned if I have to add in some sort of flange. Would be best if the flange is part of the bezel though.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Agreed on the deal - mine arrived quickly and looks to be exactly what is required. I very much liked the option of getting 11' (I think I said 12' originally, I was a hair off) to have some extra. Maybe I'll try to fab up some sort of rear brake cooling with the extra... Anyone done that yet?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
dmichaels said:
I used your August promotion code to pick up the backing plates for ~$65, and I spent ~$60 on Amazon for the ducting. It was a fantastic deal (had to pay $7 shipping, but still great). Specifically I bought Thermoid High Temperature Silicone Ducting. I think there was only one or two of them left as advertised on Amazon, so scooped it up!
I somehow missed this post. $67 is a great deal on that hose. looks like they are at $64+shipping now, but still a great deal! its an odd length though. the hose in my kit are the prefect length at 3 foot per side. so, you get a lot of extra hose buying 11 feet, but not enough to create 2 complete kits for you and a friend.

TMO Supporting Vendors