The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'13 Boss LS ordered. Production date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Ordered my '13 boss LS in SBY earlier this week. Was lucky to get MSRP!

So when do they begin production?

Your dealer should be able to tell you what your quarter your car will be built in. then you will have a better time frame. It usually takes about a month from production to showroom. Mine was a 2nd quarter build. Built in may delivered in June.

Sesshomurai

Yeah, they don't know yet. The issue seems to be that '13's have not started production yet. So I'm wondering if anyone has heard when ford will even big factory production on the '13's in general. Once that kicks off, I'm sure my dealer will get the dates for my specific car.

My sales guy said if I wanted one, their LS allotment is March. But you know how salesmen can be. Why am I so tempted to buy another one? Darn Ford, trying to make me poor.

Sesshomurai said:
Yeah, they don't know yet. The issue seems to be that '13's have not started production yet. So I'm wondering if anyone has heard when ford will even big factory production on the '13's in general. Once that kicks off, I'm sure my dealer will get the dates for my specific car.

They should know which quarter the car is scheduled for. For 2012, the dealers were all told this when they were told how many cars the were allotted. If your dealer doesn't know the quarter - this is a BIG RED FLAG. Any dealer can take an order, possibly even enter it into the system. Only it will never get built if they don't have an allocation. If they are getting a 2013 LS, someone in the dealership knows which quarter. Find that person asap. Otherwise, raise heck until they can tell you or you get your deposit back.

I don't know why I'm surprised but I thought this year would be easier to order. ::) I contacted about 25 and they seem oblivious to allocation.

PTRocks said:
Sesshomurai said:

They should know which quarter the car is scheduled for. For 2012, the dealers were all told this when they were told how many cars the were allotted. If your dealer doesn't know the quarter - this is a BIG RED FLAG. Any dealer can take an order, possibly even enter it into the system. Only it will never get built if they don't have an allocation. If they are getting a 2013 LS, someone in the dealership knows which quarter. Find that person asap. Otherwise, raise heck until they can tell you or you get your deposit back.

PTROCKS: Are you sure about this or just basing your information on what it was last year? I will be going in to my dealer tomorrow, Monday, and be asking them about my order. Keeping in mind that production hasn't even started yet.

Bossfan said:
PTRocks said:
Sesshomurai said:

PTROCKS: Are you sure about this or just basing your information on what it was last year? I will be going in to my dealer tomorrow, Monday, and be asking them about my order. Keeping in mind that producting hasn't even started yet.
I'm sure he's sure and I'm sure too. If they know they have a LS allocation they should know what quarter. And if by chance they don't know they should be able to find out quickly by contacting their zone rep. There's been no indication that 2013 will be handled differently than 2012.

So far and them seem clueless.
Bossfan said:
Big Vito said:
I don't know why I'm surprised but I thought this year would be easier to order. ::) I contacted about 25 and they seem oblivious to allocation.

Are you saying that you had contacted twenty-five different dealerships ???

Thanks Rick, some of the dealers I talked to were saying the 2nd quarter will be the first quarter for boss production

It takes about a month to ship them right? I know it does for the regular Mustangs, I didn't order my Boss. So early 2nd or very end of 1st makes sense if they start building the end of Feb.

Boss Fann did you get you car yet do you have a vin. I ordered my car the first week of March and supposedly my car should be here in May 2012. I have no vin number but I do have an order number my sales person said I should get a vin next week.. I placed the order on March 7, 2012. I also put my down a payment on the car for a BlacK Boss LS.. i will be pissed if I am being struNg along.. Has this been the process for everyone does it take two weeks two to three weeks to get a vin?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!

There is no average wait time for a VIN. It all depends on when your dealer has an allocation. I have been on a waiting list since last July, my order was formally taken by the dealer when the order banks opened in December, and received my order confirmation a few weeks ago when orders for Q2 allocations were being submitted (still no VIN).

I am sure others have walked into smaller dealerships that didn't have a waiting list and were able to get Q1 allocations, so they may have had their VIN only weeks from the order date. In your case it sounds like it is a Q2 order, and if the dealer says you should have it by May then I would be surprised if you didnt have your VIN in a few weeks.

TMO Supporting Vendors