The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'13.....has sat. radio or "capable"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got my window sticker today and noticed that it says "sat. capable" for the radio. Does this mean that it doesn't come with it and I need to add something to inable it? I thought the '13 came with sat. radio ready to use (with subscription of course)? What would be needed to have it if this is the case?

You need to add the tuner, antenna, etc. This is what I put in mine. It's not perfect but it does work and you can't see ANYTHING of the install. I put the antenna under the plastic shroud around the windshield wipers.

http://www.tss-radio.com/products/isimple-factory-ipod-and-sirius-integration-for-ford-lincoln-mercury-vehicles-1

OK now i am still confused, it seems like you have to get a new sirius subscription with this setup or am i mistaken. I have found a sirius adapter setup #(SCVDOC1) and as far as i can tell it will allow me to use my presnt plug and play starmate and not have to get an extra subscription but i cant get any ansers by E-MAIL. So i am basicly unsure what is the way to go.

Just another option for you to consider, assuming you have a modern smartphone, Sirius app (iphone for me) is a modest extra subscription cost and then just play over bluetooth wireless. Proclip mount puts it right above the radio. Good luck

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Cartman said:
Just another option for you to consider, assuming you have a modern smartphone, Sirius app (iphone for me) is a modest extra subscription cost and then just play over bluetooth wireless. Proclip mount puts it right above the radio. Good luck

I do the same. $2.99 per month. Otherwise your starmate with a headphone jack connector will work too.

Brian

Cartman said:

Is the reception only as good as the phone signal at any given time? Like when I drive to California or Vegas, there are spots where my phone (Verizon 4G LTE) loses signal.....so would I lose the radio over the app as well?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Fat Boss said:
You need to add the tuner, antenna, etc. This is what I put in mine. It's not perfect but it does work and you can't see ANYTHING of the install. I put the antenna under the plastic shroud around the windshield wipers.

http://www.tss-radio.com/products/isimple-factory-ipod-and-sirius-integration-for-ford-lincoln-mercury-vehicles-1
I am interested in this. does it make it so that you control the sat radio and ipod with the factory controls?

SOCOMech said:
Cartman said:

Is the reception only as good as the phone signal at any given time? Like when I drive to California or Vegas, there are spots where my phone (Verizon 4G LTE) loses signal.....so would I lose the radio over the app as well?

Yes, although frankly since actual Sirius goes out everytime I'm under a bridge or a thundercloud appears in the sky (which is very often in South Florida) I'd say that delivery over 4G has actually been MORE reliable. But then I only drive in a metro area really.

Cartman said:
SOCOMech said:
Cartman said:

Yes, although frankly since actual Sirius goes out everytime I'm under a bridge or a thundercloud appears in the sky (which is very often in South Florida) I'd say that delivery over 4G has actually been MORE reliable. But then I only drive in a metro area really.

I'm not usually driving out in the middle of nowhere either, it's just that those are the times when you're glad you have SIRIUS, lol. Maybe I'll get the app and try it out for a bit.

Justin said:
Fat Boss said:

I am interested in this. does it make it so that you control the sat radio and ipod with the factory controls?

Sort of. I'm not a pro at using it by any means. For the iPod I know there is a way to browse the albums but haven't figured it out. I just browse on the iPod to the album I want to listen to, THEN turn on the radio at which point the system takes over. Then I can skip songs and adjust sound volume on the steering wheel. For the Sirius I can only use the steering wheel controls to adjust volume. I have to adjust station using the knob. That's why I'm saying it's not perfect. That and you have to press the SAT button on the dash 4 or 5 times to go between them. You can go between them on the steering wheel controls but you have to press the input button about twice as many times. To me it was worth the $200 and several hours to install. The antenna wire routing was the hardest part. I removed the battery and ran it through an unused grommet behind it. There's plenty of room behind the factory stereo for the two modules.

SOCOMech said:
Cartman said:
SOCOMech said:
Cartman said:

I'm not usually driving out in the middle of nowhere either, it's just that those are the times when you're glad you have SIRIUS, lol. Maybe I'll get the app and try it out for a bit.

Heh. Fair enough point! Give it a shot. It doesn't get every station so depending on what you like it could be an issue. I like Radio Classics and for reasons unknown it isn't in the app so I do miss the Lone Ranger. I should also have mentioned in my prior post parking garages. I was always annoyed to lose signal in parking garages with the satellite setup, which I seem to find myself in often.

What do the 13's dash look like as to the radio? Compared to the 12's ? I own a 12 and have replaced everything with a dash kit touchscreen ac/heat control touch screen nx501 clairion and love it,backup cam, bluetooth for phone, nav, apps I mean every option I could dream of. Do the 13's need the same?

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
From what I have been reading recently, this is the setup to get for the 2013 Boss:

http://radiosandmore.com/rmx/prodDet.aspx?pid=4047456N

MMD

MakeMyDay said:
From what I have been reading recently, this is the setup to get for the 2013 Boss:

http://radiosandmore.com/rmx/prodDet.aspx?pid=4047456N

MMD

You are correct! This is the "Ford" option. Otherwise I would go with the iPhone solution.

TMO Supporting Vendors