The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

13 Layers of Zaino with 2 Layers of Admas Americana Wax pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
boss2511 said:
racered302 said:
I think it's great that you take care of your car with such dedication. I don't have the drive to do what your doing and I'm sure it shows. No pic's of my car being posted, LOL.
thanks. I do it mostly for something to do.

You must be in the military. ;) That is what I did to occupy my free time when I was in the Navy. My car was waxed every weekend for 3 weeks, and then the 4th weekend I was on duty.

I have a PW Boss as well. Mine is garage kept and I wash it weekly...but I wash the front every other to get bugs off. I use microfiber cloth and the yellow Meguiars car soap (only because it smells good :eek:).

I haven't waxed my car a single time, but I do occasionally use the spray on silicone "wax" finishes sold by various mfg (no brand loyalty... ;D).

With this regimen, my car always looks clean and requires minimal additional effort. I have to agree with previous posters about the black road grime that builds up towards the 7th day of aggressive driving.

it looks amazing , no ifs and buts about it,
but 5 weekends of work I'm to lazy for,
and I would be scared to drive it afterwards,
kudos to you , youre super human :)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
rom said:
it looks amazing , no ifs and buts about it,
but 5 weekends of work I'm to lazy for,
and I would be scared to drive it afterwards,
kudos to you , youre super human :)
thank you
BlackNDecker said:
I have a PW Boss as well. Mine is garage kept and I wash it weekly...but I wash the front every other to get bugs off. I use microfiber cloth and the yellow Meguiars car soap (only because it smells good :eek:).

I haven't waxed my car a single time, but I do occasionally use the spray on silicone "wax" finishes sold by various mfg (no brand loyalty... ;D).

With this regimen, my car always looks clean and requires minimal additional effort. I have to agree with previous posters about the black road grime that builds up towards the 7th day of aggressive driving.
yeah I'm in the navy lol

GA
I miss the auto hobby shops on the naval bases. It was a cheap place to put your car on a lift and they had every tool under the the sun. The one at Norfolk was right the end of an NAS runway so you could watch the F18's (or in my day also F14's) take off.

thanks Justin,
I did the zaino total show car kit treatment to my PW 12' Boss this week, after reading your praises of this product. the pics you took of the mirror finish really made me go for it. to be honest I just wanted to get rid of the swirl marks on the decals, wheels and most likely in the white paint too. the wheels and decals looked terrible. I've owned until recently a black motorcycle (HD) which the swirls in the paint drove me nuts until I used some maguires scratch x 2.0 followed by maguires show glaze and some maguires nxt wax. It wasn't perfect but much better. the motorcycle forum I went to also praised Zaino. I wanted to also get this car looking good and at a point where I can just wash and maintain it. after way too many hours I'm done and it looks great, maybe the placebo effect. now I've found this thread and you've put some Adams wax on top of it, your killing me here, another $65 for some wax. alright just kidding, I'm glad your doing the hard work in finding what products work the best and sharing them. Why the Adams wax on top of the Zaino though.

The Adams (or other) wax will provide a different finish that a sealant like Zaino will provide alone. Some people claim the wax makes the car appear "wetter" and feel smoother. Others disagree.

I'm in the camp that a wax on top of a Sealant does improve the appearance. However, the cost is you give up being able to directly maintain the sealant layer once you have applied wax. So, if you plan is to use the respective Zaino products to maintain the sealant, don't apply any wax on top.

Justin

1fastang said:
Why the Adams wax on top of the Zaino though.
I did the adams purely out of curiosity. I am always looking for new things to try. After it worked so well on my GF's car I just had to try it on my car.

So what would be your final assessment of the adams wax on top of the zaino products. as in better with or better without and why.
if it was just for appearance then I understand as mentioned by a prior members post, the more of a glossy look. does it in fact cause more maintenance by using it.

Justin

1fastang said:
So what would be your final assessment of the adams wax on top of the zaino products. as in better with or better without and why.
if it was just for appearance then I understand as mentioned by a prior members post, the more of a glossy look. does it in fact cause more maintenance by using it.
It gave it a "warmer" gloss if that makes sense. I liked it but it just didnt last on top of the zaino like it didnt bond to it all that well. So I am going to stick to using purely Zaino. I did it now as the car is nearly due for a clay barring so I would be stripping what I have to start over again. Zaino says that there product will not bond with wax so if you go that route you will have to do what I am going to do and strip it back down and start over if you dont like it. But if you like it, to maintain it you can just continue to apply a coat of wax once to twice a month then when its due for clay barring (which is about when the zaino is due to reapplication) then strip it down apply the zaino base then start back up with the wax.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel