The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

13 Layers of Zaino with 2 Layers of Admas Americana Wax pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I just topped the boss of with its second coat of Adams Americana Wax over top of the previous layers of Zaino. I must say it looks amazing. I bought the Wax for my GF's car and she has 4 layers on her car now (she put them on its so easy to apply and remove) and her car looks just unbelievable. So that lead me to put it on my car. I really wish the camera would capture what I see but it doesnt (probably can I just dont know how.) Anyway here are some pics.

560120_424437304255513_100000677422918_1320926_555942587_n.jpg

550847_424437357588841_1830635477_n.jpg

581077_424437397588837_33068803_n.jpg

552784_424437424255501_84909116_n.jpg

536092_424437457588831_100000677422918_1320931_973489450_n.jpg

I'm going to do the whole Zaino thing next week.
Since you've got a PW Boss as well: How well does it stay nice?
Now that I don't have any sealant on the car yet, washing it almost seems pointless. In a matter of 2-3 days the car looks just like it did before I washed it. Does the dirt stay off better once it's had a day or more worth of hard labor invested in it?

I sure hope so!

Justin

TheMarco said:
I'm going to do the whole Zaino thing next week.
Since you've got a PW Boss as well: How well does it stay nice?
Now that I don't have any sealant on the car yet, washing it almost seems pointless. In a matter of 2-3 days the car looks just like it did before I washed it. Does the dirt stay off better once it's had a day or more worth of hard labor invested in it?

I sure hope so!
I drove it all week last week rained two of those days and it stayed looking good. Aside from the rear where black soot or tire dust seems to accumulate. I do garage the car when I am not driving it so that probably helps.

Justin

ArizonaGT said:
Awesome shine, 13 layers, though? How long did that take!?
well you can do 3 a day with zfx. 5 weekends. only got one layer on the last weekend cause the rain rolled in after the first layer.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
If you do all the recommended Zaino base coats on my wife's black GT, your car should be in good enough shape to do one of the following. If really dirty after rain, etc, Z7, Z6, & Z8, if just dusty, california duster, Z6, Z8. Our Mustang is also garaged, the pollen up here in New England this time of year is brutal! I think the shine holds up really well over time.

I think multiple thin coats is the key...

I seen some video and read some articles on Autogeeks.com and from the way I understand it you shouldn't need anymore then 2-3 applications of wax because it doesn't layer. According to what they said the 2nd and 3rd applications are only to cover the areas that may have been missed. IDK, I'm to lazy to do more then 2 and that with a Porter-Cable random orbital buffer. But once every month to help keep the dirt and bug juice off.

Justin

racered302 said:
I seen some video and read some articles on Autogeeks.com and from the way I understand it you shouldn't need anymore then 2-3 applications of wax because it doesn't layer. According to what they said the 2nd and 3rd applications are only to cover the areas that may have been missed. IDK, I'm to lazy to do more then 2 and that with a Porter-Cable random orbital buffer. But once every month to help keep the dirt and bug juice off.
I think you are right

Never heard of that stuff,where do you get it and how much does it cost.The dealer put paint sealant on mine before I picked it up.They gave me the rest of it,I've done the car once since.Seems to keep the bugs from sticking to bad.I do wax it with regular parts store wax,seems to do a good job.

don't know what to do about the finish. i under stan that alot of you are are doing zanno 7 part but i like to drive my car and not wax it all weekend . i have been told just use a wax with carnuba . is any body doing this? and is it ok for the stripes? thanks for your info

Justin

hdw54 said:
don't know what to do about the finish. i under stan that alot of you are are doing zanno 7 part but i like to drive my car and not wax it all weekend . i have been told just use a wax with carnuba . is any body doing this? and is it ok for the stripes? thanks for your info
takes one day last 6-9 months. Just maintain it with Z7 ( wash it) and its good

looks great, I only use Adam`s now as I get the same results as Zaino with only a few easy steps unlike zaino :-\

Please remember you are merely treating the clear coat, not the actual paint. You can only do so much to shine, protect, polish a new clear coat. You do too much with certain products you are only going to possibly deteriate your clear coat. On a new car with little environmental contamination it's only necessary to either lightly clean then POLISH/protect or in my case(I instructed my dealer NOT to wax, I drove home, immediately washed and applied P21S polish) I only needed to polish. If your car is garaged and you wash regularly with quality wash and then polish with the occasional clear coat cleaning, you shouldn't need these 97 step processes. Now, if you didn't protect your car from the start, then maybe these processes are needed. Remember, your clear coat gets deteriated any time you use any type of cleanser, clay bar, or even aggressive wax. The best thing is to wash regularly and only use a polish, until a light clear coat cleansing is necessary. I have known people to "wax" the clear coat right off the paint.

Justin

Not sure why but it feels like I am being attacked ???

I dont use an abrasive waxes on the car. its just protectant layers. I did all the layers of Zaino to help fill the swirl marks in the vinyl decals that were left from piss poor car washing done by the dealer (sat on there lot for months). I only clay bar'd the car once so far. I do that about ever spring/fall. I didnt use any abrasives at all on the car so far besides the mild AIO from Zaino that was used as a base for the Z5 and Z2 and CS.

Tflong24 said:
Holy canolie, 13 coats plus more wax. I will post pics after 1 coat of P21s and it looks the same. Glad you have that much time. Wow.
that might be true on pictures but in real life I doubt it.

zero said:
looks great, I only use Adam`s now as I get the same results as Zaino with only a few easy steps unlike zaino :-\
I like most of what adams sells except a few things. there machine sealant or wax whatever they call it these days....is ok not great. Zaino has them beat there. and the machine wax is a huge pain to remove. The difference between there buttery wax and americana is night and day. I will use the buttery wax on my lawn mower now lol. I love there Super VRT on the exterior plastic and interior. And the in and out spray to get in the places like the engine bay and grill very nice. I like there under carriage spray too. there detail spray not so much leaves a residue that is hard to remove. the Z6 and Z8 give me better results using much less and is much easier to use. I have a hodge podge of products that I use to get my car they way I like. I have yet to find one company that makes the best everything for every category.

I think it's great that you take care of your car with such dedication. I don't have the drive to do what your doing and I'm sure it shows. No pic's of my car being posted, LOL.

Justin

racered302 said:
I think it's great that you take care of your car with such dedication. I don't have the drive to do what your doing and I'm sure it shows. No pic's of my car being posted, LOL.
thanks. I do it mostly for something to do.

TMO Supporting Vendors