The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'13 reflective stripe issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So a couple days back here in northern Virginia we started the day off with water leftover from the night before and misty weather all morning that turned into 60+ and sunny. Some rain that was left on my car dried up and left some blemishes in my stripes. I've tried to wipe it off and still no luck. It seems as if the metallic flakes have been affected somehow. Has anyone found a solution to this???

13907271302_f554e87583_c.jpg

Wash the car, and dry the stripe first. I have heard meguires natural shine protectant is a good spray to use on the stripe afterwards to keep it looking good.

This exact thing happend to me two days ago. I was ticked to say the least. Anyway I tried everything to get them off. Then I read somewhere on this fourm that if you get these spots to leave you car in the sun (after spray detailing the stripes first) and boom gone. Sure enough it worked for me after and hour in the hot sun they were gone. Anyone know why this is?

It's the old hidden secret of Dealers..."sorry, we can't re-produce the issue, please pay the diagnostic fee". The car is possessed

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
If you can't get it off with a wash. I use meguiars 205 and a light cut pad takes no time at all. Seal with zaino or other sealant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
I talked to Ford Racing and 3M about a year and a half ago about the stripes and what to apply on them. Thay both said Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant. Have used it about once every other month. Works fantastic.

I've got subtle spots on my silver hood stripe. I've seriouly considered peeling it off. Have any of you removed you hood stripe? I think it might make the car look cleaner. I also assume I could still buy another stripe kit from ford if I hated the look.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
seca954 said:
I've got subtle spots on my silver hood stripe. I've seriouly considered peeling it off. Have any of you removed you hood stripe? I think it might make the car look cleaner. I also assume I could still buy another stripe kit from ford if I hated the look.
The stripes are a little pricey to replace. Had to replace one side on my '13,just the hockey stripe and they cost $302. Go and buy a bottle of Meguiars Natural Shine. The stuff really works on the stripes. Yopu might have to apply it two or three times to get the spots out.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel