The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'13 Stripe Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHat I like, but what worries me about these reflective stripes, is how easy they will be to replace. If you've ever had "factory" stripes (like on my Shelby) you know they come with a "factory" price. That price is often 3-4x that of a graphics house using the exact same material. Anyone know what the material is and if it's sold? These could get pretty expensive over time and I may one day forgo the reflective nature and go paint. We'll see!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Michel_K17 said:
OK, thanks! Disappointing.

I'm with you, this is on the '12 cars as well where the fenders meet the doors. You can even see it in the banner photo above for the site.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JeffIsHereToo said:
WHat I like, but what worries me about these reflective stripes, is how easy they will be to replace. If you've ever had "factory" stripes (like on my Shelby) you know they come with a "factory" price. That price is often 3-4x that of a graphics house using the exact same material. Anyone know what the material is and if it's sold? These could get pretty expensive over time and I may one day forgo the reflective nature and go paint. We'll see!

You can order a set of replacements from Competition Graphics for under $200. They do a lot of the graphics for the 302S/302R cars http://www.competitiongraphics.com/. Oh and they come WITHOUT the panel gaps :)

ArizonaGT said:
JeffIsHereToo said:

You can order a set of replacements from Competition Graphics for under $200. They do a lot of the graphics for the 302S/302R cars http://www.competitiongraphics.com/. Oh and they come WITHOUT the panel gaps :)

Nice! Thanks!

The word I got today from someone in the know is that the stripe issue was the only problem and held all Bosses at the factory. They have found a fix but I could not get an estimate on when the cars will be delivered.

I spoke with the dealer I'm sourcing my car from today. They have been doing a good job of tracking the car and had been investigating on their own without my prodding, so I trust them as much as you can trust a dealer to know what is really going on. Anyway, the word he got was shipping to scheduled to resume by the end of April. We'll see.

askjeffro said:
I spoke with the dealer I'm sourcing my car from today. They have been doing a good job of tracking the car and had been investigating on their own without my prodding, so I trust them as much as you can trust a dealer to know what is really going on. Anyway, the word he got was shipping to scheduled to resume by the end of April. We'll see.

Agree. Spoke with my dealer today and he also confirmed that stripe adhesion was the issue and that it had been fixed. Hopefully we'll start to see the cars moving now ;D

SouthJerseyBoss said:
askjeffro said:

Agree. Spoke with my dealer today and he also confirmed that stripe adhesion was the issue and that it had been fixed. Hopefully we'll start to see the cars moving now ;D

I hadn't heard that but let's hope he's right!

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
JeffIsHereToo said:
I picked up #2 (grabber blue) today and yes there are stripe issues. For me the stripes at the very front under the hood are dimples with air pockets. The rest of the car looks great but I suspect this may be short lived. It's documented and will be fixed when the final fix comes from Ford. I've already lived through stripe issues with my Shelby....just wish they would paint them on and be done with it!

Hey Jeff, What are the last 7 digits of your vin? Mine are 5200650. I was curious on how low my VIN number was. I know they aren't built in sequence, but I was hoping maybe I might get a very low number.

Thanks,
Brian

batman48195 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
I picked up #2 (grabber blue) today and yes there are stripe issues. For me the stripes at the very front under the hood are dimples with air pockets. The rest of the car looks great but I suspect this may be short lived. It's documented and will be fixed when the final fix comes from Ford. I've already lived through stripe issues with my Shelby....just wish they would paint them on and be done with it!

Hey Jeff, What are the last 7 digits of your vin? Mine are 5200650. I was curious on how low my VIN number was. I know they aren't built in sequence, but I was hoping maybe I might get a very low number.

Thanks,
Brian

There is debate what this means or what relevance it has, if any, but you have a low VIN number it seems!

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
JeffIsHereToo said:
batman48195 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:

Thanks,
Brian

There is debate what this means or what relevance it has, if any, but you have a low VIN number it seems!

Thanks Jeff! Was your car built on the first day? Feb 27th? Mine was built on the Feb 29th (Leap Year LOL). I don't know how many a day they built, but should get a low number.

Have you posted your info yet here for the registry? I didn't see it.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/2012-and-2012-boss-302-and-boss-302-laguna-seca-registry/boss-registry-give-us-you-info-here!!/225/

Brian

batman48195 said:
Thanks Jeff! Was your car built on the first day? Feb 27th? Mine was built on the Feb 29th (Leap Year LOL). I don't know how many a day they built, but should get a low number.

Have you posted your info yet here for the registry? I didn't see it.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/2012-and-2012-boss-302-and-boss-302-laguna-seca-registry/boss-registry-give-us-you-info-here!!/225/

Brian

Yes...it was built on Feb 27th.

I'll get on the registry, thanks.

Other than the first 50 LS's made for 2012 and 2013 there is no correlation between the VIN and serial number.

So thanks to this site I am HOOKED! Almost purchased a 2012 CO/Blk locally for $41k but had to have a green 2013.

Put a deposit on 2013 GHIG at MSRP yesterday that was preordered by the dealer in Tx.

I am so psyched!

VIN D5207860

:D

Checked my email and the dealer rep mentioned they are having stripe AND a power steering issue?

Is anyone aware of the new information?

metro201 said:
Checked my email and the dealer rep mentioned they are having stripe AND a power steering issue?

Is anyone aware of the new information?

The power steering thing would be news to me. It seems unlikely though, as there really shouldn't be any MY13 changes that would affect the power steering compared to the previous model year. Also, it seems like the standard and GT models are shipping without any problems.

TMO Supporting Vendors