The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'13 Stripe Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greetings team,

After mulling over the news I received yesterday that my SBY build date slipped from March to May, and then learning from the regional rep that the cause was stripe issues at the factory, I dug in a little. Here is what I learned today.

I called Flat Rock and spoke to Ralph Arning. Ralph is a pleasant guy in public relations that has been working for Ford over 35 years. Ralph kindly confirmed the news that they are indeed having adhesion issues with the new reflective stripes. He described it as looking like acne.

Therefore, according to Ralph, they are holding all the Bosses until they get this resolved...which includes re-striping the existing completed cars once they get the adhesion problem solved.

Sorry for the bad news.

It would be great if anyone learns anything more.

Update 4.11.12

A call from my dealer confirmed the stripe issues have been resolved and production is resuming. My SBY car originally scheduled for March 26 is now scheduled for April 23 w an ETA of May 5.

Thanks much to each of you that weighed in with your experiences, thoughts and information. Great Team work!

That stinks. There is a SBY Boss at a dealer close to me and if it's still there on Monday I'll take a good look at it and report back.

not sure Ralph is 100% correct as this SBY boss is stitting at a dealer with a nice big ADM waiting to be sold.
http://realperformancemustangs.com/general-mustang-related-discussion/photos-future-ford-of-sacramento-gets-a-school-bus-yellow-2013-boss-302-mustang/

I'm frustrated about this, but keeping it in context. My only wish is that Ford would be proactive about sharing the information with waiting customers. An ETA would be nice as well. :-*

GA
I like the way the douche bags wrote in the ADM with a marker. If you are going to rip people off at least make it look professional. :mad:

PJWANNABE said:
I like the way the douche bags wrote in the ADM with a marker. If you are going to rip people off at least make it look professional. :mad:
"People" get "ripped off" only if they are forced to buy it". IN LA-LA LAND (Sacramento being close geographically), anything goes. Whoever ::) buys it it will probably be for paid in cash. 8) 8)

Jeff said:
not sure Ralph is 100% correct as this SBY boss is stitting at a dealer with a nice big ADM waiting to be sold.
http://realperformancemustangs.com/general-mustang-related-discussion/photos-future-ford-of-sacramento-gets-a-school-bus-yellow-2013-boss-302-mustang/
That's the one local to me. Customer orders are handled differently than dealer stock. No doubt cars were released before this issue was discovered.

I picked up #2 (grabber blue) today and yes there are stripe issues. For me the stripes at the very front under the hood are dimples with air pockets. The rest of the car looks great but I suspect this may be short lived. It's documented and will be fixed when the final fix comes from Ford. I've already lived through stripe issues with my Shelby....just wish they would paint them on and be done with it!

askjeffro said:
Congrats on your car. I'd be up for painted stripes, I'm sure that costs lots more money. :)

True that!

I can't post pics...says "uploader is full" even though theses are WAY below the 10000KB per post limit...but see here for a look at what I'm talking about:

http://www.boss302forum.com/index.php?/topic/14191-2013-boss-302-delivery/page__view__findpost__p__269618

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Have them call Bob White!! LOL.

I'll wait for mine to come. Also, I like the reflective stripes. Not sure how easy that would be if they were painted on.

Brian

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
JeffIsHereToo said:
I picked up #2 (grabber blue) today and yes there are stripe issues. For me the stripes at the very front under the hood are dimples with air pockets. The rest of the car looks great but I suspect this may be short lived. It's documented and will be fixed when the final fix comes from Ford. I've already lived through stripe issues with my Shelby....just wish they would paint them on and be done with it!
Hey Jeff, welcome to BMO!

I guess we have stripe issues over here too!!!

Dig-It said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
Hey Jeff, welcome to BMO!

I guess we have stripe issues over here too!!!

Dude no kidding! I mean haven't we been through enough? Just when I thought it was over...

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
JeffIsHereToo said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Jeff you need to use an external photo hosting site and then use a link to the photos.

Gotcha! Thanks!

I recommend Photobucket. I found out with my iPhone app, I can take photos directly to Photobucket and when I launch the app, it checks to see if I took new photos and asks me if I want to upload them. Works great.

Brian

batman48195 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Jeff you need to use an external photo hosting site and then use a link to the photos.

Gotcha! Thanks!

I recommend Photobucket. I found out with my iPhone app, I can take photos directly to Photobucket and when I launch the app, it checks to see if I took new photos and asks me if I want to upload them. Works great.

Brian

I'll check it out!

TMO Supporting Vendors