The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'13 Stripe Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman48195 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Jeff you need to use an external photo hosting site and then use a link to the photos.

Gotcha! Thanks!

I recommend Photobucket. I found out with my iPhone app, I can take photos directly to Photobucket and when I launch the app, it checks to see if I took new photos and asks me if I want to upload them. Works great.

Brian

photobucket will give you an address you can send your pics to and automatically upload them into a Mobile folder. I don't remember how, I discovered it on accident. In case you have a BB or some other phone without an app

Sesshomurai

Wow. Ok, then this explains it explains why my dealer is now telling me my '13 SBY is a Q3 or Q4 build.....well, better to have it fixed than to not.

Here are photos of the 2013 SBY local to me. I couldn't detect any issues with the stripes or car other than the fifth photo (Future Ford of Sacramento). :eek: The ADM on their 2012 CO was only $25K. :p

IMG_0635.jpg
IMG_0636.jpg
IMG_0637.jpg
IMG_0638.jpg
IMG_0639.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
askjeffro said:
Did they let you get a peek of the serial #?
LOL I knew that would be the first question. I didn't look. ::)

Doh. I was just thinking if it happened to be #1, then the ADM would at least make more sense. I don't think this is the case however.

I believe the one at Future Ford is 0011. The GHIG in NC is 0141. These are only ones I know of at dealers at the moment...

askjeffro said:
5 DOT 0 said:
askjeffro said:
Did they let you get a peek of the serial #?
LOL I knew that would be the first question. I didn't look. ::)

Doh. I was just thinking if it happened to be #1, then the ADM would at least make more sense. I don't think this is the case however.
Neither do I. They charge stupid ADM on all specialty Mustangs and I once saw a $70K ADM on a GT500KR there. If you want the sales guys phone number to call him and ask drop me a PM. BTW this is the sister dealer to the one that told me they could ask up to $100K ADM when I tried to order mine there back in Nov 2010.

$29K ADM!!!! That's insane! :eek: Are they doing that to keep it in the showroom as a draw or something? I'll sell anyone #2 for only $20k over MSRP! Let the bidding begin! ::)

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Jeff said:
not sure Ralph is 100% correct as this SBY boss is stitting at a dealer with a nice big ADM waiting to be sold.
http://realperformancemustangs.com/general-mustang-related-discussion/photos-future-ford-of-sacramento-gets-a-school-bus-yellow-2013-boss-302-mustang/

Jeff - It's common knowledge about the stripe delay. Various sources have indicated that 14 Bosses got shipped before Ford caught this problem. The car you refer to must be 1 of those 14 vehicles.

VA Boss

Hi,

I have my LS ordered. Delivery July. Psyched. :)

Does anyone know for sure if the LS hood stripe will wraparound the hood edge as shown in the Ford Product Release photos, or if the stripes will stop short, showing a gap as shown on the recent delivered Boss 302 pics?

Cheers!

Michel

Michel, are you referring tot he stripes that go from the center of the hood out towards the wheels? Those are only on the standard Boss, not the LS.

I may be misunderstanding your question however.

5 DOT 0 said:
Yep this isn't the first time Ford installed decals on painted plastic before. Maybe the reflective 3M vinyl has a different adhesive on it.

It's my understanding that 3M is not the supplier of the stripes. I was told the suppliers name months ago, but I don't recall it. I can find out.

Expanding on my stripe question from earlier.

Can I expect the stripes on the Laguna Seca to wraparound the hood edge like the Ford promo photos?
LS_Stripes_1.jpg

or like this? (LS from the Philadelphia autoshow)
LS_Stripes_2.jpg

Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors