The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

13 Tail lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have read a few posts about people wanting the 13 tail lights on thier 12 Boss. I know there is a gap if you try and install them on a 12 Boss. My question is, can you swap the rear bumper skin from a 13 to a 12. They look very similar but I dont have any Bosses I can park side by side to figure it out with. Does anyone know if the rear bumper skins will interchange or did they alter other parts of the sheet metal so they arent compatible?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
All the components including bumper skin will swap right over, I have a friend that has done this already on his '12.

IMO, that would be a great time to also install the GT500 lower valance and quad-outlet mufflers if you don't already have aftermarket mufflers.

ArizonaGT said:
IMO, that would be a great time to also install the GT500 lower valance and quad-outlet mufflers if you don't already have aftermarket mufflers.
I agree, they look really cool. I think the lower valance would be required in this swap anyway so the mufflers would be the additional piece.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Yes, the lower valance is required either way, but the GT500 one has a specific PN to accomodate the quad outlet mufflers. If not doing those mufflers, just order the BOSS valance.

ArizonaGT said:
All the components including bumper skin will swap right over, I have a friend that has done this already on his '12.

Nice, nice, I see more mods incoming in the future.

I am planning a Kooks long tube/H pipe system and havent decided what cat back yet, I like the roush sound but am more concerned with flow than sound

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel