The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

1309 Is Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well it was the longest week of my life, or so it seemed. But Boss #1309 in home here in Canada. No problems at the border,most of border guards genuinely wanted to know about the Boss.
Everyone was saying its a great car and I defiantly agree. great preforming car.
Not the reason I bought the car but sure did get a lot of thumbs up and nods from people.

Congrats! Have you pulled the side disks yet? Have you done the DRL's? I figured out how to get the car programmed so an external module is not required.

Thanks everyone
Disc are coming off right after the big Canadian Tire inspection for RIV . I wanted to ask about the discs , some guys are saying it may be to loud without them completely so they are purchasing discs with various size holes in them . 7/8 holes seem to be popular. Whats your opinion.
As far as the DRl's I have an appointment at my local dealer first thing Monday morning to activate them,from what she says they do it all the time, we will see.
But I am interested to here how you did it .Perhaps i could save myself a trip and a few $$.

Congratulations. Be sure to post photos when you can.

I have the 7/8" discs and have had them installed for a few weeks. I like the sound driving around town a lot but noticed when driving on the fwy it's a touch loud. Not overly loud but loud enough to notice when talking on my phone using a BT ear bud.

Big time congrats! Get that driving in before the winter :) I've been very happy with Scott's discs :)

It is hard to say what each person will like. The 3/4 I found to have the best overall sound but I run the 7/8 for a little extra exhaust sound. I do not do a lot of highway driving, if I did I would consider running running smaller size holes. I am use to my 7/8 now but keep the 3/4 just in case I change my mind in the future.

The vids I posted are not the greatest but listen to them several times and try to concentrate on hearing the engine, let the exhaust note be an after-thought. That may give you a better idea of the sound you would like.

5 DOT 0 said:
Congratulations. Be sure to post photos when you can.

I have the 7/8" discs and have had them installed for a few weeks. I like the sound driving around town a lot but noticed when driving on the fwy it's a touch loud. Not overly loud but loud enough to notice when talking on my phone using a BT ear bud.
I drive over 50 miles daily on the freeway. Usually below 3000 RPM with the cruise on and I have 1 inch disks installed. The sound is almost negligible, but when I down shift to pass, it's on like donkey-kong. I consider it a sign of mutual respect when I dust another pony or Camaro and they hear the thunder before they see the tail lights. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors