The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'14 Gt P2197 Stuck lean.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
Alright, I'm not sure what all steps to check to try and fix this. Stuck lean code. Car idles on rougher side. From what I can tell, the exhaust doesn't have a leak. Installed new O2 sensors, cleaned filter and MAF. Everything under hood seems to be connected. The intake sounds real ticky but I'm not sure if it's the normal amount or not.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I track the car a lot but change the timing chain setup every second season. Maybe the tensioners? Which o2 sensors did you change, the two front ones are the important ones. The second rear set is for checking the cats and calibrations.

The code is for the primary O2 sensor on bank 2.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
I track the car a lot but change the timing chain setup every second season. Maybe the tensioners? Which o2 sensors did you change, the two front ones are the important ones. The second rear set is for checking the cats and calibrations.

The code is for the primary O2 sensor on bank 2.

Interesting story. When I replaced the 02s the first time, I found out it only has 2 upstream 02sensors. 😅 Hooking up my laptop and viewing data, it is running .84-1.11 lambda. Then I noticed that after awhile everything kinda flat lines and I found codes for a lot of modules not responding and ecm not reading.

So now I am wondering if the ECM is bad. The crappy part is that I am 6 hours from home and I don't return for almost two weeks.

TMO Supporting Vendors