The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

15 front struts on the BOSS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't think so but you could call CorteX and ask them. They have a JRi kit for the S550. How do you think they are going to help our cars anyway?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The struts won't help even if they do fit. The main improvements in the front suspension won't cross-bolt without major modification. The double ball joint spindle and the mounts for both arms and sway bar location look really different. The top mount on the new struts are also 3 bolt IIRC.

15663529857_eda58bc845_c.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
I don't think so but you could call CorteX and ask them. They have a JRi kit for the S550. How do you think they are going to help our cars anyway?
I was just thinking that we could fit a wider tire up front with them without using spacers. It also might have widened the track a bit to, if you had to do other mods to make it fit.
Just a thought. lol

Jason said:
I was just thinking that we could fit a wider tire up front with them without using spacers. It also might have widened the track a bit to, if you had to do other mods to make it fit.
Just a thought. lol

The shocks aren't going to allow or hinder you from running a wider front tire, the offset of the wheel and the fender are going to hinder you mostly.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel