The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

16' GT PP1 - Front Brake Caliper/Rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Washington
A couple of questions of the PP1 front Brembo calipers, and the rotors.

On the calipers, the middle bolt. Mine keeps spinning when I try to torque it. Can quite fit a 17mm wrench to hold it in place. Is there a special wrench to keep it held in place?

Front Rotors: This is the second set where I've had this happen. The outer edge doesn't wear down and creates a weird, inconsistent edge. Am I the only one that has this problem?

A couple of questions of the PP1 front Brembo calipers, and the rotors.

On the calipers, the middle bolt. Mine keeps spinning when I try to torque it. Can quite fit a 17mm wrench to hold it in place. Is there a special wrench to keep it held in place?

Front Rotors: This is the second set where I've had this happen. The outer edge doesn't wear down and creates a weird, inconsistent edge. Am I the only one that has this problem?
Sounds like you spun out the bridge bolt. It's steel on aluminum. Even with torquing at the 22 ft/ lb mine is starting to dig in. The only thing I can think of is find a piece of metal the width of the caliper bolt socket that will fit between the bolt and the aluminum. For fun I grabbed a butter knife and bet if it is cut off at the wildest point it will fit right in there. Once torqued just wiggle it out. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Washington
Sounds like you spun out the bridge bolt. It's steel on aluminum. Even with torquing at the 22 ft/ lb mine is starting to dig in. The only thing I can think of is find a piece of metal the width of the caliper bolt socket that will fit between the bolt and the aluminum. For fun I grabbed a butter knife and bet if it is cut off at the wildest point it will fit right in there. Once torqued just wiggle it out. Just an idea.
Yeah mine has dug in too. Thats not too crazy of an idea.

Shim does not work. See my post in this thread. At least I tried....

TMO Supporting Vendors