The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#1777 is in Greensboro, NC, interesting story.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posted on forums.themustangsource.com as well.

Got it Last Thursday, from Ft. Mill, SC. #1777.

I had initially placed a deposit on one from a dealer in town, but didn't get many answers regarding ETA etc. No VIN on the ordered boss (which happened to be Race Red). So I started a search for a Red at MSRP.

I'm a bit in disbelief that people are obtaining these at MSRP, because for a while, I could not find one with an ADM of less than $2.5k. To add insult, several had listed Boss' at MSRP, then, after contacting them, explained that is was "a mistake" and the "actual" price is "x", or up to $10k over MSRP. This happened twice (I won't mention the dealers). In fact, on autotrader, I can find several listed at MSRP, but I can guarantee a hefty ADM.

At any rate, last Thursday, I called Ft Mill Ford, Fort Mill, SC about a new CO Boss (Recaro/Torsen) listed on Autotrader at $43.5K. After discussing the price with the Salesperson, Jeanette (who happened to be wonderful), I was informed that the price was $53.5k (yes, ADM $10k). They had already sold 2 this year with ADM. I explained that this was the third time this happened and I stated that they should honor the listed price on autotrader. After deliberating with her manager (who is probably the most honest sales manager around), she said they would honor the price until close, 8PM that night, then the price would jump. My dad drove 2hrs, picked me up, we drove 2 hrs to Ft Mill, and got there at 7:30PM, bought it and here ya go. I think they had a pool as to whether I was going to do it or make it. Gotta love those guys.

BTW, I purchased Lojack and the 2 year extended warrentee. Felt like needed options for this beautiful beast. I removed the silencer exhaust disks aas soon as I could. The car is absolutely ridiculous. So powerful, so nimble. I previously had an E46 M3, and had test drove an 2012 GT and 2009 E93 M3. But this is the creme of the lot. It has 4 seats, torque, is nimble, revs, and sounds fantastic. Nothing else measures up under $50K, nothing. Bliss.

I am going the change the grill, add break vents, trans scoop, and eventually get R tires and wheel combo.

So nice.
IMG_0316.jpg

{posted in forums.themustangsource.com as well}

Sorry about the finger.
IMG_0314.jpg

Uh huh.
IMG_0310.jpg

Lift yer a$$ so I can remove your pesky discs.
IMG_0317.jpg

OMG, a Boss with 6 miles on the odo.
IMG_0305.jpg

Congratulations again. ;) And welcome to Boss Mustangs Online.

BOSS 1276 said:
Congrats! Most of the time I can't tell the difference between red and orange in online photos.

my CO looks red in some pics , no matter what camera, and the one in Car and Driver back in March looked Red on all photos but was actually CO :D

congrats on your new car ;)

PS: What GRILL are you looking to get? the Bar grill?
and finally: beware of the trans scoop, real tight ground clearance on the streets...

PTRocks said:
Cool story. :)

Don't forget to take a minute a drop by the register thread with the info you have.

Enjoy!

Thanks, will do.

5 DOT 0 said:
Congratulations again. ;) And welcome to Boss Mustangs Online.

Thanks again, dude.

rom said:
BOSS 1276 said:
Congrats! Most of the time I can't tell the difference between red and orange in online photos.

my CO looks red in some pics , no matter what camera, and the one in Car and Driver back in March looked Red on all photos but was actually CO :D

congrats on your new car ;)

PS: What GRILL are you looking to get? the Bar grill?
and finally: beware of the trans scoop, real tight ground clearance on the streets...

Grill: http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-retro-grille-2010.html

Grill surround: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1446394,parttype,1384

Trans scoop: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12495

Thanks for the warning on the trans scoop. I may wait and see one in person before ordering. Meanwhile I can work on the brake cooling ducts.

STIG302 said:
Great story! Makes owning it that much sweeter.

Yes it does. BTW, I love that YB as much as the CO. Initially I was set on RR but after seeing the CO in person, I was done.

Can you tell me what kind of stands you have under your car, I need some like it to get under my Boss?
Where can you get them, and what do I ask for?
Thank you.

Good deal! Your groundwork paid off. Apparently that's what it takes in many cases, but when it works it iis clearly worth it. Enjoy your new ride!

TMO Supporting Vendors