The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

18 Active exhaust or other quiet muffler on 11-14

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So coyote with long tubes, no cats but 3” x 24” long resonators with Ford racing mufflers the lady is still very loud.

What are options for very, Very quiet but flow well mufflers?

So coyote with long tubes, no cats but 3” x 24” long resonators with Ford racing mufflers the lady is still very loud.

What are options for very, Very quiet but flow well mufflers?
'18 active exhaust isn't really quiet unless the valves are closed which restricts the flow. Stock GT 15-17 exhaust was quieter than '18+ easily. How well they flow, I can't tell but doubt they'll make substantial difference.

15-17 muffler internals multiple passages between chambers that are about 2” diameter. So not free flowing. Super turbo style mufflers are the quietest freeish flowing mufflers there are. Best option if straight through is still too loud.

I believe @Fabman runs some variant of them.

Borla Touring is a straight through and is their quietest option. They had a low, deep sound on my Boss 302 with the sidepipes open and were actually too quiet for me (went with S Types and that was perfection). Not sure how they would sound with headers.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
15-17 muffler internals multiple passages between chambers that are about 2” diameter. So not free flowing. Super turbo style mufflers are the quietest freeish flowing mufflers there are. Best option if straight through is still too loud.

I believe @Fabman runs some variant of them.
Yes I did, now I’m using a borla straight through. There are a couple different 3” super turbos, only one of them is 3” inside. The rest are only 3” on the outside and smaller inside.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel