The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

18 inch wheels that will fit the 15.5 inch brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://weldwheels.com/shop/ccwheel/corsair-racing-series/

I gave you the link, apparently it's acting up but you get pics, there are several different varieties of corsair wheels so it pays to go to the link

I just got off the phone with them before posting, they say the corsairs, specifically the TS12 will fit..right from the horses' mouth

blacksheep-1 said:
I gave you the link, apparently it's acting up but you get pics, there are several different varieties of corsair wheels so it pays to go to the link.

http://weldwheels.com/shop/ccwheel/corsair-racing-series/
Rob we're looking for photos of those wheels on a GT350. The 18" CCW wheels clear the 15" GT500 brake package but Black Boss already tried his Corsair wheels on his GT350 and they did not fit.

Well I don't know what to tell you, I asked specifically and John said the TS12 will fit ? As well the rest of the Corsair series.
I'm sure Black Boss is not making things up, but maybe some type of communication error? I really don't know at this point.

I emailed them with a direct link to this forum, that's the best I can do guys. I posted in good faith since I know you guys were looking for this particular application.

blacksheep-1 said:
Well I don't know what to tell you, I asked specifically and John said the TS12 will fit ? As well the rest of the Corsair series.
I'm sure Black Boss is not making things up, but maybe some type of communication error? I really don't know at this point.

Seeing is believing :)

There have been numerous 19" wheels that did fit the brakes due to the internal barrel diameter being too small, hence the skepticism of any 18" wheel fitting.

Perhaps CCW would be kind enough to send a sample 18" TS12 to a GT350 owner for test fit?

Austin
Of course I don't know if this is the case or not, but they can't just assume the wheels will fit based on the size of the rotor as suggested by the thread title. The issue with the GT350 specifically seems to be the size of the caliper with the large integrated bridge.

ChopSui said:
Of course I don't know if this is the case or not, but they can't just assume the wheels will fit based on the size of the rotor as suggested by the thread title. The issue with the GT350 specifically seems to be the size of the caliper with the large integrated bridge.

I specifically inquired about the GT350R and the 15.5 brakes

I have contacted CCW again and had several conversations with them, and they are aware of this thread. Upon further review, it seems their position is that these wheels "should" fit the 15.5 brakes.
I've been searching for an 18 inch wheel option for awhile, not really for me, but because guys have been looking for it to run the less expensive tires.
While I really would like to be right, I cannot guarantee that these wheels will fit those 15.5 brakes.
I will take responsibility for the mis information and apologize for any inconvenience (or false hopes) that may have occurred because of it
Therefore, I will drive a FIAT on a long trip as penance for my actions.

While CCW was my best hope, I'm not done researching this yet

blacksheep-1 said:
I have contacted CCW again and had several conversations with them, and they are aware of this thread. Upon further review, it seems their position is that these wheels "should" fit the 15.5 brakes.
I've been searching for an 18 inch wheel option for awhile, not really for me, but because guys have been looking for it to run the less expensive tires.
While I really would like to be right, I cannot guarantee that these wheels will fit those 15.5 brakes.
I will take responsibility for the mis information and apologize for any inconvenience (or false hopes) that may have occurred because of it
Therefore, I will drive a FIAT on a long trip as penance for my actions.

While CCW was my best hope, I'm not done researching this yet
We all WANT you to be right ;D Let us know if you come up with an 18 that does fit. Thanks for checking into it.

Check out APEX. http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/wheels/#.VqxKAHnSn1K Scroll to bottom of the page for Mustangs. These guys are responsive and are developing wheels for the Mustang track crowd. I have their ET43 EC7 on my S197 GT that has 15"-6piston Brembos, and there is ample barrel and spoke clearance. I bet they are making something for the big brake S550. Call them - you'll be able to talk with the engineering guys. Good product.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel