The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

18 X 11 tire options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
My apologies but what are you running Bob? I have 18x11 Apex rims and am currently running 315/18 BFG gforce R1Ss and they are even wider than A7 Hoosiers. Barely rub the rear sway bar, so popped in a 1/8 spacer in the back. Now, when I was running R7 Hoosiers I did not rub said sway bar and I am going back to Hoosiers this year since BFG and Toyo RRs are not being done in 315s

Buyer alert , especially for those running NASA, the above situation on Toyo Tires may impact changes you could be considering for your Mustang. There are benefits to using the Toyo Tires ( the point matrix allows some weight loss and maybe even a small HP gain ) but the larger tires are no longer available , so you will have to judge if you think the 305/18 will be a benefit or not since it is pretty well established they are not as quick as a Hoosier. BFG also yanked their 315s and they have nothing close now, so their perceived advantage for longer races 35-40 minutes is also gone.

TMO Supporting Vendors