The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

18x10 +45 all around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012YellowBoss said:
Ended up getting a set of these

M-1007-DC1895 05-12 SVT 18"X9.5" WHEEL / http://www.trueblueracingparts.com/05-12-SVT-18X95-WHEEL_p_111.html

It is the Ford Racing wheel, now I have what I wanted, a set of 10's and 9 1/2's. Have not tracked them yet but mounted a set of 275/40's on them - heat cycled ready to go. They look a little different but you need to study them close to really see the differences.

Scott, I have the same SVT 18" wheels. Which wheels are you running for your 10's? The ones you've had for a while?

Berol said:
Scott, I have the same SVT 18" wheels. Which wheels are you running for your 10's? The ones you've had for a while?

Still using the 18x10's from CrusinConcepts for the rear, the set works out well. While the 295/15's I am running call for a 10.5 rim it is very close to having the 10 as the correct rim width. The 275/40's up front call for the 9.5. I do have an extra set of track rims 18x10 and 18x9 with the same tires and they work without any issues I can see but if I knew about the other setup I would have two sets of them.

I am going to run a set of NT01's front and the NT05's (same sizes) when I burn out what I have now. If they made the 01's in a 295 I would try them but I don't want to have to buy more rims for the size they offer now. After that I am going to get a set of R6's to have some fun at Sebring. For normal tracking days the NT05's hold up very well and I still go faster every time I run so plenty of room left to learn with them.

2012YellowBoss said:
Berol said:

Still using the 18x10's from CrusinConcepts for the rear, the set works out well. While the 295/15's I am running call for a 10.5 rim it is very close to having the 10 as the correct rim width. The 275/40's up front call for the 9.5. I do have an extra set of track rims 18x10 and 18x9 with the same tires and they work without any issues I can see but if I knew about the other setup I would have two sets of them.

I am going to run a set of NT01's front and the NT05's (same sizes) when I burn out what I have now. If they made the 01's in a 295 I would try them but I don't want to have to buy more rims for the size they offer now. After that I am going to get a set of R6's to have some fun at Sebring. For normal tracking days the NT05's hold up very well and I still go faster every time I run so plenty of room left to learn with them.

Good info, thanks.

Check out how much lower this GT rides compared to a stock Boss. It's got lowering springs and using 18" wheels. That's member Shane's CO Boss.

DSC6370-M.jpg
DSC6363-M.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I am excited to lower the car sometime late next year, however I am scared of getting the trans scoop ripped off on-track. Already scraped it a little bit this last event being aggressive with one of the curbs. I'm going to have to be careful.

ArizonaGT said:
I am excited to lower the car sometime late next year, however I am scared of getting the trans scoop ripped off on-track. Already scraped it a little bit this last event being aggressive with one of the curbs. I'm going to have to be careful.
Yikes. I straddled one on Turn 3 at BIR doing probably 60 (2 wheels off ;D) and was pleasantly surprised I didn't rip mine right off :D

ArizonaGT said:

I've studied the piece and wondered if/how FRPP/Ford designed the scoop in so far as clearance and a possible harsh impact may be concerned. Because I am looking to fit the piece to the 5.4/6060 I am definitely interested in seeing where it may come close on the Boss. Drew, do you have a shot of the damage or can you describe where it got scraped (leading edge?)?

Tob

itrack said:
Order some 18x10 Gt500 repro's for the Boss. I picked up 16 Viper Cup Michelin take offs this weekend so it looks like the boss will be on some big meats next time its on track. Figured I let you guys in on this deal I found, $447 to my door.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GT500WHEEL18X1045MM

Google found a 5% coupon for them as well. I'll post pics of them once they are in.

Whoa.... Chinese wheels on the track???
Even under the best of circumstances I have seen quality wheels such as Fikse & BBS break on the track with disastrous results!

I have a set of 4 Enkei PF01 18 x 9.5 45mm offset wheels with TPMS and only two track days on them for sale. They are virtually brand new. These are the best lightweight track wheels for the money weighing in at 20lbs. That's a savings of 11lbs per wheel over stock. Here's a pic of them on my car. $1200 shipped.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

smittytx said:
If they were black they'd be mine.
smitty, my other two sets started out this way. I had them painted gloss black for $50 each and they held up great all last season. I'm sure you could find someone to paint them for that down there.

cloud9 said:
smittytx said:
If they were black they'd be mine.
smitty, my other two sets started out this way. I had them painted gloss black for $50 each and they held up great all last season. I'm sure you could find someone to paint them for that down there.

Ok, maybe I misspoke. I should have said...

If I wasn' getting ready for NASA by buying two sets of spare pads, a spare set of rotors, a spare set of tires, changing all of my fluids, fixing my trailer AND if they were black, they'd be mine.

smittytx said:
Ok, maybe I misspoke. I should have said...

If I wasn' getting ready for NASA by buying two sets of spare pads, a spare set of rotors, a spare set of tires, changing all of my fluids, fixing my trailer AND if they were black, they'd be mine.

LOL, when I cash in my 1% cash back on my credit card with all the recent mods - I can get a new set of Hoosiers!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel