The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

18x10 +45 all around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012YellowBoss said:
LOL, when I cash in my 1% cash back on my credit card with all the recent mods - I can get a new set of Hoosiers!
You need a 2% cash back CC. 8)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cloud9 said:
I have a set of 4 Enkei PF01 18 x 9.5 45mm offset wheels with TPMS and only two track days on them for sale. They are virtually brand new. These are the best lightweight track wheels for the money weighing in at 20lbs. That's a savings of 11lbs per wheel over stock. Here's a pic of them on my car. $1200 shipped.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Still available? Might be a good track set for my Brembo GT...

Grant 302

Thanks for getting back to me. I guess it's the D-Force rims for the GT. Although I worry about getting the custom D-Force without picking up a at least 1 spare or a 2nd full set.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Grant 302 said:
Thanks for getting back to me. I guess it's the D-Force rims for the GT. Although I worry about getting the custom D-Force without picking up a at least 1 spare or a 2nd full set.

D-Force has been pretty good. When I got my first set for my M3, they were 'special order'. Since then at least 10 dealers are carrying them including TireRack. If the Mustang ones sell... and I'm sure they will... I'm betting many dealers will pick them up.

Grant 302

JScheier said:
Grant 302 said:

D-Force has been pretty good. When I got my first set for my M3, they were 'special order'. Since then at least 10 dealers are carrying them including TireRack. If the Mustang ones sell... and I'm sure they will... I'm betting many dealers will pick them up.

If matching 9" and 9.5" widths are also made to fit S197s, I think it would help the sales too.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
BossJockey said:
I was wondering if these would fit the front and rear of our car. The web page says rear only but with a 42mm offset I'm thinking they would fit. (only 1mm less than the D-force 18x10s)

http://www.americanmuscle.com/glossblack-forgestarf14-19x10-0512.html

Question to NT05 tires users. How are they in the wet?

I have a set of 19" F14 in 9&10". Haven't had a chance to test fit the 10s on the front yet, but my eyeball says they won't clear the brake calipers. Might work with a spacer and longer studs.

Peter

Forgestar wheels don't have much clearance for the Brembo caliper. I tried to get 11-in width for the front and their wheels can only clear the caliper with 9-in or maybe 9.5-in if you don't mind lower offset. This was about 2 months ago; give Forgestar a call and see if anything has changed.

BossJockey said:

Never did a lot of street driving on them but I have a few track days in the rain and they worked very well. They have a good rain rating because of the two wide channels in them I guess.

POS VETT said:
Forgestar wheels don't have much clearance for the Brembo caliper. I tried to get 11-in width for the front and their wheels can only clear the caliper with 9-in or maybe 9.5-in if you don't mind lower offset. This was about 2 months ago; give Forgestar a call and see if anything has changed.

I hope they fit. I have a set of F14 18x10's on order. It won't be a big deal if I have to use a small spacer though.

Dean#4AI said:
POS VETT said:

I hope they fit. I have a set of F14 18x10's on order. It won't be a big deal if I have to use a small spacer though.

What offset did you get?

Never did a lot of street driving on them but I have a few track days in the rain and they worked very well. They have a good rain rating because of the two wide channels in them I guess.
Thanks Scott. I've seen mixed reviews on them in the wet. Everybody seems to like the dry traction.

Dean#4AI said:
BossJockey said:
Dean#4AI said:

What offset did you get?

+42
It's going to be tight. With an 18 x 9.5 45mm offset and 275/40/18 NT01 I had between 1/4"-3/8"" to the strut. The 10" wheel moves you 1/4" closer and 3mm more offset moves it 1/8" further away leaving your tire roughly 1/8"-1/4" from the strut. Might need 1/4" spacer.

Hi Guys,

I'm 80% set on either the Forgestar CF5's or F14's. The regular Boss is 19x9 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear correct? Assuming I go with the same size wheel, what's the optimal offset? (+45?)

Thanks.

cloud9 said:
Dean#4AI said:
BossJockey said:
Dean#4AI said:

What offset did you get?

+42
It's going to be tight. With an 18 x 9.5 45mm offset and 275/40/18 NT01 I had between 1/4"-3/8"" to the strut. The 10" wheel moves you 1/4" closer and 3mm more offset moves it 1/8" further away leaving your tire roughly 1/8"-1/4" from the strut. Might need 1/4" spacer.
I was referring to the fronts in this post. The rears will be no problem. Plent of room to the bumpstop bracket with an 18 x 10 +42mm offset.

Just ordered some 18x10 Forgestar f14 in bronze burst. My current plan is to throw some 275 continental take off slicks on them and a stiffer front sway bar for track day purposes. I also need to get camber plates, a front grill and some brake ducts. My wallet is hating me.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel