The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

18x10 +45 all around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order some 18x10 Gt500 repro's for the Boss. I picked up 16 Viper Cup Michelin take offs this weekend so it looks like the boss will be on some big meats next time its on track. Figured I let you guys in on this deal I found, $447 to my door.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GT500WHEEL18X1045MM

Google found a 5% coupon for them as well. I'll post pics of them once they are in.

Are you going to run a square setup on the stock suspension?

Yes running square to mimic Continental Tire, NASA AI, etc setups. I want to rotate tires.

Do you have experience with this wheel cracking? Did you see a thread about a problem running repro wheels?

If its that bad I'll buy an adjustable rear bar. The fastest car will always have the most rubber on the ground :) I'll give you my impressions after my next track day for you guys to digest.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
itrack said:
Do you have experience with this wheel cracking? Did you see a thread about a problem running repro wheels?

Fortunately not, but many of the cheaper cast wheels come with warnings not to track the wheels. Just be careful and spot a problem before it becomes a disaster.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
itrack said:
Yes running square to mimic Continental Tire, NASA AI, etc setups. I want to rotate tires.
The Grand Am cars have a different suspension setup. A square setup with stock suspension will oversteer. The car is setup for a 1.0 to 1.5 inch stagger. Check this thread for details.

http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/catlist.asp?catid=26

Think you pasted the wrong link! :)

ArizonaGT said:
itrack said:

Fortunately not, but many of the cheaper cast wheels come with warnings not to track the wheels. Just be careful and spot a problem before it becomes a disaster.

If you can provide me proof of what your saying that would be great. If not its the same old crap everyone spews about cheaper wheels to make them feel better at night that they spent $447 a wheel. Just an FYI but I've tracked Rota, Drag, Nippon, etc for years now with no problems.

2012YellowBoss said:
itrack, you plan on running spacers because those rims will not fit the Brembos (10's the 9 will).

You've tried this wheel on a Brembo car?

Dean#4AI said:
Also, please weigh them. 8)

No problem Dean I'll put them on the scale.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
itrack said:
Lol, I already know they'll be heavy. What are you thinking 25lbs?
Jake :)

25+ would be my guess. OEM wheels (domestic anyway) are damn heavy (ie: harder to break). I was gonna weigh mine... but at $146 each... I didn't want to burst my own bubble :(

itrack said:
2012YellowBoss said:
itrack, you plan on running spacers because those rims will not fit the Brembos (10's the 9 will).
You've tried this wheel on a Brembo car?

I have these with NT05's on 9 and 10 inch. I got the 9 because the 10 does not fit, I was told that before I bought them but I did try a test fit and they will not fit over the front caliper.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GT500WHEEL18X10BLACKMACHINED45MM

itrack said:
How close was it?

Depends on what you mean by close but the rim does not come close to sitting flush. Wheels, tires and off-sets are not my strong point so best to ask someone else about this. If you do get spacers that work let me know how it works out. I would love to have a set of 9 1/2 and 10 inch rims (can't find matching) but if 10's work with spacers I could go that route.

I'll most likely do a spacer as the kits are only 119 with studs and I plan on ordering another set for street tires when the Pirelli's wear out.

TMO Supporting Vendors