The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

18x10.5 or 18x11 Wheel options for Boss 302 LS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know Enkei PF01's come in an 18x10.5.

Looking for other options (if any) to do some comparision shopping. Technically I think I need 18x11" for a 315 tire but seems a 315 will work on a 10.5.

Thanks.

The Enkie PF01's are very popular here. Not sure who makes an off the shelf 18x11 with proper fitment. You might need one of the custom manufacturers to make you a set like Forgestar, Forgeline or CCW. The Enkei's should be fine for what you're doing.

Thank you. But with a 38mm offset, it looks as you would have to run a spacer, correct? I'd prefer not to have to do that.

Also, I'm just wondering if anybody here has stuck a 315/30/18 on the front. I want to make sure there is no rubbing for tight turns. If not I may just go with 295's.

18/10.5's with 315/30/18 is what I was told to try. However, I'm not going to modify the car to make them work. I was told the Enkei PF01 18x10.5 would work. Looks like Strano sells them with 5mm spacers.

I'm not big on spacers. I'd like to do what he suggests but I I'm looking to see if anybody else has done it without problems.

Also for a 315 tires, a minimum of 11" wide wheel is recommended. So I'm looking for 18x11 wheels. It seems the correct offset would be 52ish.

However, you may have to go with something under 50 for inner clearance up front.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Strano is likely basing this on the fact that quite a few Autocrossers are running 315s -- some even larger on the rear. Even a stock Mustang will run 295s with no problem , so it comes down more to a concern on tire fitment. I actually run 315 Hoosiers on the front of my Viper -- 10 inch rims.

Go with what you are comfortable with , but both CCW and Forgeline could assist you and both make terrific rims.

frosty said:
18/10.5's with 315/30/18 is what I was told to try. However, I'm not going to modify the car to make them work. I was told the Enkei PF01 18x10.5 would work. Looks like Strano sells them with 5mm spacers.

I'm not big on spacers. I'd like to do what he suggests but I I'm looking to see if anybody else has done it without problems.

Also for a 315 tires, a minimum of 11" wide wheel is recommended. So I'm looking for 18x11 wheels. It seems the correct offset would be 52ish.

However, you may have to go with something under 50 for inner clearance up front.
I have 305 Conti slicks on my 18 x 10.5 PF01s. I'll see if one will fit up front when I prep for Road America either this weekend or the 4th of July....haven't made plans as far as I know (wife) for either this weekend or the 4th yet so subject to change :p

Different tire manufacturers will recommend different wheel widths, check with the tire manufacturer and follow their advice.

Has anybody heard of the Forgestar F14 wheels?

http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf14.php

Looks like these can be ordered in a wide range of offsets which would seem to be what I would need.

I ran link showing a Solstice with 18x11, 315x30x18's on all 4 corners.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f55/forgestar-f14-rims-69217/

I would think if they can be made to fit on a Solstice I could get them up under a mustang.

I did go out and feel in behind the front tires this am. There is a shock bolt that's about 3.5 cm's from the tire. But dropping down from a 19" to 18" wheel and a 40 tire to a 30 tire I wouldn't think there would be any fender rub. The next thing to figure out is if there would be a full turning radius.

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to look at the ForgeStar's first, contact them and see what I can get worked out.

Think I'm going to pull my 10's off the rears with 285's and put them up front and then try to measure if I can to guesstimate what I can get in there.

Would it be safe to assume I probably won't have to worry about fender rub in hard cornering, just by the fact I'm dropping an 1" in wheel size and also going with a lower profile tire.

I'm going to take Strano's advice and go with the Boss springs but I think they may lower the car as well. I hope the only issue I'm going to be dealing with turn radius on the front.

Thanks.

P.S. I took the stock 10" wheel off the back and put it on the front. There is probably 2 mm of clearance between the tire and the a shock bolt. Have to wonder when I get the camber plates on and adjust the shocks if they would even clear then. Also, when pulling the front tires off, I can see that the stock tires are already rubbing the brake cooling ducts on the driver's side.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel