The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gen1 1968 Mustang Coupe Trans Am Race Car Build Thread Profile - Gen 1 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Batesville IN
Thanks all...I'll take some more pictures and post them up. I started racing it 5 years ago. It's a constant work in progress not only improving mechanical skills but driving skills too:) I have raced events with SVRA and VSCDA vintage organizations. We are limited to what modifications we can do in vintage racing in an effort to keep the cars "as raced" in their respective time period. It has run at Mid Ohio, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Road America, Autobahn, Gingerman, and National Corvette Museum. The best finish in class has been a 2nd. Hoping to get my first win in 2021:)

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
Thanks all...I'll take some more pictures and post them up. I started racing it 5 years ago. It's a constant work in progress not only improving mechanical skills but driving skills too:) I have raced events with SVRA and VSCDA vintage organizations. We are limited to what modifications we can do in vintage racing in an effort to keep the cars "as raced" in their respective time period. It has run at Mid Ohio, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Road America, Autobahn, Gingerman, and National Corvette Museum. The best finish in class has been a 2nd. Hoping to get my first win in 2021:)
Looking forward to seeing your win video! I'd love to see you at Road Atlanta, SVRA is coming in March for the "Speed Tour". You would love the track: It's fast, flowing, a great Mustang track and a ton of fun. If you ever get into HSR the Walter Mitty weekend @ Road Atlanta is a Can't miss!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Batesville IN
Looking forward to seeing your win video! I'd love to see you at Road Atlanta, SVRA is coming in March for the "Speed Tour". You would love the track: It's fast, flowing, a great Mustang track and a ton of fun. If you ever get into HSR the Walter Mitty weekend @ Road Atlanta is a Can't miss!

Road Atlanta is on my bucket list:) I have attached a in car video of a qualifying session at MidOhio. Feel free to critique the driver...lol. I’m trying to learn all I can.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
Road Atlanta is on my bucket list:) I have attached a in car video of a qualifying session at MidOhio. Feel free to critique the driver...lol. I’m trying to learn all I can.
Looks like smooth, smart, good heads-up driving to me. Mid Ohio is such a technical track (Both Mid-Ohio and Road America are on my bucket list too). The car seems well sorted with enough brakes to out-do the other guys and it sounds fantastic! This is an advice I got from a good instructor friend of mine a while back and it helped me: You might try to "pre-grab" the steering a little deeper to avoid having to cross your wrists when you get into a corner that asks for a lot of lock.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
AWESOME video! Welcome to the group. I am relatively new here also. Appears you are far more advanced than I. I'm sure our paths will cross soon...

That makes three of us now...our numbers are growing...:D

Would love to also see of pics of the two NASCAR's. I was a huge Martin fan in his day.

TMO Supporting Vendors