The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

1996 Mustang Road Race car FOR SALE.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Can't pull up on Facebook and it might be beneficial to list all the mods since that may elicit more responses on the vehicle. It also would be helpful to list the last Race Tech Inspection and if everything is current. Sounds minor , but folks might be more excited if they know how old the tires are, fluids changed, parts available ,etc.

There are quite a few folks not on Facebook , and this could get your car out for viewing to more drivers, imho.

Ron McCall

Pantera1889
Good point Bill.
The seat and the belts expired in 2020. The net expires in 6/22. All of the suspension and drivetrain parts are fresh and ready to go. The engine is a 5.0L Aluminator XS that I has Armondos build a custom pan for and Revolution Automotive do a custom ( pump gas) tune for ,.The trans is a T56 Magnum , The suspension ( Cortex SLA with billet hub carriers, Cortex Watts link, Koni coilovers, Cortex etc..) is all very fresh and in perfect working order. The brakes ( StopTech 14" floating front/ Corvette rear) are at 90% life. All fluids are fresh. Tires are Pirelli DM scrubs with lots of life left . Newly installed Accusump for added protection, the fire system will need to be refreshed as well.

If I've left anything out, please let me know.
Thanks,
Ron

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That should help folks quite a bit , and knowing it has an Aluminator XS likely helped gain some interest. This is a fairly knowledgeable site and most folks on here know a race car will need some things done , even though it may be that the seat size is small and the buyer knows he/she will need to upgrade. Good luck and a T56 has to be an extra plus too!

Stanger58

Owner / Lead Instructor / Driver Coach
SWEET!! I've always had a soft spot in my heart (and my brain?) for the SN95 chassis... and with a 5.0 Coyote, they are an absolute BLAST to drive.

Here are a couple more details that might help answer potential buyers' questions:

Brand of rear wing?
Widened / custom body work/front splitter?
What size wheel + tire package does it have?
Spare wheels and tires?
Does it have manual or power steering?
Manual or power brakes?
Does it have ABS?
What rear gear ratio?
What LSD is in it? How old/fresh is the diff?
Driveshaft material / brand?
Who constructed the cage? What material?
What is race-ready weight w/o driver?
Does it have a VIN?
Does it have a logbook and what series was it raced?

It's a great car and I'm not questioning your integrity... Just trying to help you get more info out there about your car.

Good luck with the sale.

TMO Supporting Vendors