The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

19x11 wheel on the front of a S197 Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've searched, really....

I'm thinking of going square and I want to run a 305 on 4 corners AND be able to rotate front to back. The wheels I'm looking at have an offset of +50. Can this be run on the front with a spacer? If so, what size spacer??

Right now and for the foreseeable future I will be using stock type struts with Ford "P" springs. I have MM camber plates with -2.7 deg. camber.

Thanks for reading....

I have 19x11" wheels w/ +50mm offset and 315 Falkens on all four corners of my GT. I have a 1in spacer on the front to make them clear the strut. I think that setup was about 1/4" of poke out but it just barely rubbed the fenders with -2.7deg of camber and Eibach Sportline springs. I'm on coilovers now that are stiffer and taller and give me -3deg camber so I no longer rub.

I think it looks cool and aggressive but I had a stance kid tell me that my "fitment was wack."

IMG_6296.JPG

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Auckland, New Zealand
I'm on 18x11 ET52 with a 25mm spacer on stock shocks and T springs and it's fine. 315/30/18 pokes a bit so I could do with a bit more camber (currently -2.7). The info from the great folks at Apex with their S197 Fitment guide is very useful if you haven't seen it already.

I think it looks cool and aggressive but I had a stance kid tell me that my "fitment was wack."
That's when you know you're doing it right! 😄

I've searched, really....

I'm thinking of going square and I want to run a 305 on 4 corners AND be able to rotate front to back. The wheels I'm looking at have an offset of +50. Can this be run on the front with a spacer? If so, what size spacer??

Right now and for the foreseeable future I will be using stock type struts with Ford "P" springs. I have MM camber plates with -2.7 deg. camber.

Thanks for reading....
I ran that exact setup with 305/30/19 square, P springs, Vorshlag camber plates, 25 mm spacer, no rubbing. It's a very common setup and works well. You do need the camber plates. As suggested the Apex fitment guide is excellent. I think they suggest 52 mm offset but 50 works fine.

It's a little nerve wracking when you first put it together, seems like no way everything will fit but it does and it's awesome.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would lean more towards FilxNZ suggestion as it is a tried and true set up. I had 315/30/18s on my Boss 302S and I got a little bit of rub with them in the rear ( put in 1/8 inch spacer ). The main reason to go the 18 inch route is that even with more and more tire companies coming out with great sizes in 19s , the market price for track rubber has been going up. The advantage with 18s is they still have more sizing, are less expensive , and if you want to acquire used racing slicks the 18s are readily available and 19s are virtually non existent.

Square set up -- Check out site Sponsors Apex and Forgeline.

TMO Supporting Vendors