The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

1st run down the 1/4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My car is bone stock so I decided to see what she does. We ran last night at Lone Star (Hennessy's track) in Sealy, TX. Conditions were really good (65 degrees, track still warm) but I was still having issues. First run of the night was 12.9 @ 112 MPH, followed up by a 13.0 @ 115.5 MPH. Ran another 3-4 times, but couldn't get any better than 12.8 @ 112.5 MPH. Traction was definitely an issue through first and second gear. Best 60' was 2.10.

I'm not too dissapointed, because I didn't buy the car with the intention of drag racing.

My buddy ran his bone stock 2012 GT/CS (5-speed) at 12.8 @ 113 MPH, but he is a much better drive than I am.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
sounds like some good air. your mph is right were mine was when I ran 12.22's with a 1.7 60'. this was in horrid air and no track prep. I think with some practice you can get those 60's under 1.90's on street tires. and should cut a 12.4-12.5 on street tires. I have seen others run 11.7's all stock on slicks. my goal is 11.49's with no engine mods. just doing the driveshaft, lower control arms and some slicks and I think I can do it with the right air and track temps.

MakeMyDay said:
What setting did you have for the rear? Did you try adjusting down to improve weight transfer to rear at launch?

Only thing I did was lower back tires to 25 PSI.

No red key yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel