The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

1st track day ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All I can say is....Wow...So much fun!!

I think my best lap was 2.14..I'm hooked!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRqmkDTJER0

3CD0-4129-89AE-1894DF7E4488-13093-000005CC659A8550.jpg

Awesome track for your first ever track day!

No that's as fast as it would go. I stood on it from the bus stop to the start finish line. I was in 5th about 7500 I think.

awesome..glad you had fun...sounds like you are certainly sliding down the slippery slope!

without being too much of a wet blanket, let me suggest that you reconsider your priorities for mods. think safety first - which included brakes.

Great Vid. Looked like the weather improved throughout the weekend. I was only there Friday. You pushed your Boss pretty hard. How did the car do over the 2 days ? What a blast !!!

thebull said:
Thanks. The car ran perfect. Are you going to homestead next weekend?

Unfortunately, no. Will probably do an event @ PBIR soon. Would love to do Homestead sometime this year though !! High banked turns are addictive.

fuhrius said:
awesome..glad you had fun...sounds like you are certainly sliding down the slippery slope!

without being too much of a wet blanket, let me suggest that you reconsider your priorities for mods. think safety first - which included brakes.

+1
Cooling ducts, pads, fluid, stainless lines, suspension, tires and wheels are all way more important than more power. So a car with 200 more HP was 14 mph faster? Big deal, spend your money wisely (but I must admit, I did't) and cut seconds from your time rather than adding a few mph. Learn how to drive your car on a tighter track and you will blow away your friends GT500.

Thank you,

I'm doing the cooling ducts, lca and brkts, p springs, and adjustable panhard this week and pads the following week.

I'm going to run the stock tires to help me get a better feel for the car before switching to a track tire.

I'll probably get 18's and some tires for the track.

I changed the fluid prior to my 1st outing.

Poole1 said:
Unfortunately, no. Will probably do an event @ PBIR soon. Would love to do Homestead sometime this year though !! High banked turns are addictive.

Are you local? I live in Lake Worth.

Good call on the tires. But I wold still suggest dedicated track tires. Get four 18x9.5 wheels and Nitto NT05s or something similar. They are a good learning tire and will last longer than your street tires and I think they are cheaper too. By keeping all four the same size you can rotate them. Another good option is to find a source for used Conti Grand Am tires. So far I have gone through I think 7 sets and have spent less than 2000 dollars. Go to Daytona and you can probably find a few sources there.

TMO Supporting Vendors