The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

1st track outing for wicked boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 1

1st time at track in about 10 years. 1st run, asleep at light, and missed second

2nd run, still trying to get reaction time down, launched at @ 1800 rpm, small spin off the line, hit 2nd gear and bad wheel hop so i peddled and light wheel hop.

let car cool off and went for 3rd, same launch but hooked a little better wheel hop again on 2nd gear 3rd spun but no hop, crossed in 4th and it crossed with the car moving around some but not to bad.

last run, tried to launch at @ 2000 RPM and spun bad out the hole. but mph is good.

all runs where set with the front shocks set at 2 and the rear set at 4.

ok, 1st run was a

reaction of .4625
60 was 2.33
1/4 was 14.53
mph was 114.04

2nd

rt .2848
60 was 2.03
1/4 was 12.77
mph was 115.95

3rd

rt .1944
60 was 2.046
1/4 was 12.66
mph was 114.42

4th

rt .1356
60 2.40
1/4 13.21
mph 116.49

LCA's and an upper will help with the wheel hop. Time, practice and better tires than the stock Pirelli's will improve your ET's.

Good start though, saw a 12.66 and a 12.77 in there. Nothing wrong with that.

NewBossowner said:
LCA's and an upper will help with the wheel hop. Time, practice and better tires than the stock Pirelli's will improve your ET's.

Good start though, saw a 12.66 and a 12.77 in there. Nothing wrong with that.

thanks, i do have the some bmr rear lowers, upper with mount, adj panhard, control arm relocation brackets ready to install, i wanted a base line before i put the upgrades in.

then after install plan to run it again before i put some drag radials on. trying to see what is the best time i can get on stock tires.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
pretty decent times for being stock. I just put on my steeda UCA and bracket a few days ago. it finally got rid of the wheel hop. I also have BBR billet LCAs.

roadhouse said:
Your third run was awesome! Looks like you were starting to get back into your groove after a few years.

thanks, rt was better on 4th but i tried to bump up launch rpm but it spun to much.

hope to have better times with new suspension and after that i plan on a one piece ds and drag radials.

TMO Supporting Vendors