The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2 1/2 years of Boss ownership, what's next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
This morning, I turned the key in the ignition and the odometer read a measly 2163 miles.

b6a70834-58e9-43e0-aebf-f7c467763c73_zpsbf8893ed.png

I am thrilled to own #1804. Would love to own a Porsche GT3, but that car is not in the household budget.

I washed #1804 this morning, headed for the freeway, exercised the car a bit, and then put it back in the garage and parked it until I will drive it in the next week or two-OK, the car is a garage queen never having seen rain or any other kind of inclement weather.

Did other drivers admire the Boss, marveling at seeing one in the wild, or did they simply not notice the red Mustang occupying the lane next to them?

..for the time being, there isn't anything else, for the price, I would rather own...

Every time I drive the car, the visceral experience is great. There are no regrets on my part on buying a Boss.

Based on speculative posts here on BMO, the 2015 Mustang doesn't cut it.

I am VERY happy with my Boss purchase.

P.S.-kudos to you owners who track their Boss-I live your experience through your postings...

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
According to the e-mail I received from 5-Star Ford this morning, today is the 3 year birthday of my boss (2012 #834). How am I celebrating it? Bolting on a fresh set of Continentals, towing 10+ hours down to Hallett, OK and running on their wonderful track for 3 days with NASA Tx :)

Then we are heading to Road America in August to run with NASA Central for 3 days. I think I've got about 7k miles on the car... 98% of that is on-track time :)

I'm closing in on 18,000 miles. Yes the other drivers still notice it or at least the guy that parked next to me yesterday did. He was driving a new Porsche 991 Carrera S and commented on what a nice car (he did not say Mustang) it is then asked if the exhaust was stock. When I told him it was he said it sounds awesome and a lot better than the Corvette he just traded in.

four-walling said:
This morning, I turned the key in the ignition and the odometer read a measly 2163 miles.

I am thrilled to own #1804. Would love to own a Porsche GT3, but that car is not in the household budget.

I washed #1804 this morning, headed for the freeway, exercised the car a bit, and then put it back in the garage and parked it until I will drive it in the next week or two-OK, the car is a garage queen never having seen rain or any other kind of inclement weather.

Did other drivers admire the Boss, marveling at seeing one in the wild, or did they simply not notice the red Mustang occupying the lane next to them?

..for the time being, there isn't anything else, for the price, I would rather own...

Every time I drive the car, the visceral experience is great. There are no regrets on my part on buying a Boss.

Based on speculative posts here on BMO, the 2015 Mustang doesn't cut it.

I am VERY happy with my Boss purchase.

P.S.-kudos to you owners who track their Boss-I live your experience through your postings...

I have a similar situation. Almost 2 years old and just passed 3000 miles. However, I have washed it no more than 4 times and drive it as often as weather permits. I have a very short commute (15 minutes) so mileage accumulates slowly. Use trackey almost exclusively. For me it's road key.

Another similarity is the thought of something else. In this price range there's nothing else. Sure I would like a GTR or Carerra 4S, but the BOSS was the right thing at the right time for me. I've got 3 pre-school aged kids. Time to save for college. No GTR, but the BOSS might just be there when I get to teach them how to downshift!

My 3 year anniversary of Boss ownership is coming up in October. I'll have 20,000 miles on the clock by then. I put 10,000 miles on the first year I had the car & it's taking me 2 years to put the second 10,000 on. The thrill is not gone.......just settling down a bit.

My 2013 #704 bought new.
Just hit 2001 miles.
Garaged with cover, never rained on never washed, just use Griots Speed Shine.
Not tracked yet.

Mods so far I have done:
Ford Racing BOSS 302 Specific Lowering Springs, w/Bump Stops (35mm RR, 15mm Frt.)
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Brake Duct Cooling Kit
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Front Splitter
Ford Racing Laguna Transmission Cooling Scoop
Ford Racing BOSS 302S Front Grill
Ford Racing BOSS 302S ARP 3” Wheel Studs & Lugs
Ford Racing Finned Differential Cover w/fill, drain & vent (Not Installed)
Ford Racing Track-Key Programming (Red Key)
BMR Upper Control Arm and Mounting Bracket
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
STEEDA Front G-Track Brace
STEEDA Adjustable Panhard Bar
STEEDA Panhard Bar Brace
Cool Tech LLC Roll Bar & Rear Shock Tower Brace and optional Diagonal Bar
Cool Tech LLC 6-Point Harnesses
JLT Oil Separators
Allstar Performance Rear Differential Catch Can & Breather
Silver Horse Racing Black Billet door handles, lock cups, mirror knob.

Kooks full 2" side-pipes on order.

Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors