The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2.5 Mile Commute to Work Sucks..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes you read it right, 2 point 5 miles to work. It's terrible, doesn't even give me time to get her thoroughly warmed up before I'm at work and have to let her sit ALLLLLLL day while I drive a boring old Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. No, I'm not a cop, those are just the cars we use for training. Worst part is, I work at a race track and I don't get to play on it in the Boss everyday either!

Seriously though, I do find myself wishing for a longer drive. The car is just so much fun to drive. Tonight I went out to grab a burger just to drive a little more. My job is such a freaking blast the only thing that would make it better is driving the Boss on track more often. The 2.5 mile commute is only a few days a week as I live with my GF in PA and that is a great 145 mile drive through WV and western MD, most on 2 lane back roads to avoid the interstate. I just stay with a buddy near work during the week. Truth be told I'm getting plenty of seat time in the car as I have only had it 5 weeks and she has 3380 miles on the odometer.

But still, 2.5 miles just seems way to little time to drive such a great car!

LostPony said:
Yes you read it right, 2 point 5 miles to work. It's terrible, doesn't even give me time to get her thoroughly warmed up before I'm at work and have to let her sit ALLLLLLL day while I drive a boring old Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. No, I'm not a cop, those are just the cars we use for training. Worst part is, I work at a race track and I don't get to play on it in the Boss everyday either!

Seriously though, I do find myself wishing for a longer drive. The car is just so much fun to drive. Tonight I went out to grab a burger just to drive a little more. My job is such a freaking blast the only thing that would make it better is driving the Boss on track more often. The 2.5 mile commute is only a few days a week as I live with my GF in PA and that is a great 145 mile drive through WV and western MD, most on 2 lane back roads to avoid the interstate. I just stay with a buddy near work during the week. Truth be told I'm getting plenty of seat time in the car as I have only had it 5 weeks and she has 3380 miles on the odometer.

Wanna trade with my 22 miles of stop-and-go traffic?

LostPony said:
Stop and go is just one of the reasons I left the DC area. I do my level best to find an alternate route if my day takes me in that direction!

Yeah I hear you. Here in the Bay Area there's no escape really unless you leave for work insanely early (like 6:30AM). I have at least 3 different routes I can take but they're all congested to hell :(

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
dont move to the hampton area. its like a parking lot during rush hours. I started driving my beater again to work just cause I get tired of clutch in clutch out over and over just to go 50 feet.

TheMarco said:
LostPony said:
Stop and go is just one of the reasons I left the DC area. I do my level best to find an alternate route if my day takes me in that direction!

Yeah I hear you. Here in the Bay Area there's no escape really unless you leave for work insanely early (like 6:30AM). I have at least 3 different routes I can take but they're all congested to hell :(

You're getting soft on me Marco! I usually leave Morgan Hill by 6 and get to Fremont (29 miles later) at 6:30. One stop sign, a right turn, an on ramp, LOTS of freeway, an off ramp, and a stop light between home and work. ;)

Fat Boss said:
TheMarco said:
LostPony said:

You're getting soft on me Marco! I usually leave Morgan Hill by 6 and get to Fremont (29 miles later) at 6:30. One stop sign, a right turn, an on ramp, LOTS of freeway, an off ramp, and a stop light between home and work. ;)

Hah you live in Morgan Hill. That's super close to me. Once I have the Boss we should definitely meet up some time if you want :)

I'm very close to Santa Teresa and Bailey. Just south of there in Coyote Valley near the Sporting Clays place. When are you getting your car? I'll be installing the roll bar, harnesses, "S" grill, etc pretty soon if you wanna come down.

You're very close then. Just down Monterey to Palm and over to Santa Teresa.

I'll post up when I'm planning on doing some installs and you can come down. Sucks not knowing when you're getting your car. I had a 3rd QTR deal last year in San Antonio, then found another deal in San Diego and ended up getting mine June 13. Keep your options open you might find one sooner.

Fat Boss said:
You're very close then. Just down Monterey to Palm and over to Santa Teresa.

I'll post up when I'm planning on doing some installs and you can come down. Sucks not knowing when you're getting your car. I had a 3rd QTR deal last year in San Antonio, then found another deal in San Diego and ended up getting mine June 13. Keep your options open you might find one sooner.

I already sealed the entire deal though (when I did it was supposed to arrive April 5) so I'm kind of stuck waiting. That said, because of some weird glitch I got a way better financing rate than I was supposed to get with my only 3y worth of credit history and they gave me a free rental while waiting so I'm not complaining really. They're hoping for end of April / early May so that wouldn't be too bad.

LostPony said:

Sometimes I take a 45 minute "shortcut" through Skyline Blvd to get to work, instead of the normal 8 minute commute, when I take the Boss ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors