The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

200 tread wear tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Not if you were running legal..

That sounds like more of a fight for the manufacturers or sanctioning body more than competitors, but I understand the resentment.

In the end, I'm the same. I have a severe aversion to Goodyears. I've been compelled to run those pieces of shiznit so many times, I don't really care if they've improved; I'm still not running them, lol!

That sounds like more of a fight for the manufacturers or sanctioning body more than competitors, but I understand the resentment.

In the end, I'm the same. I have a severe aversion to Goodyears. I've been compelled to run those pieces of shiznit so many times, I don't really care if they've improved; I'm still not running them, lol!
It got so bad in kart racing, the a brands sponsored drivers got trick rubber in a spec tire class. By the time it was over all tires had to be delivered to the track, marked, and put in a big pile in parc ferme, then the driver's had to go out and pic 4. Then, after the quallie/ race, the tires had to be removed and left at the scales.
Total BS

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think we all have biases about various tire brands and in many cases the reason is from poor performance. Like TeeLew I am not very fond of Goodyear, though I have really only had their product on trucks and SUVs. They wear quickly and they never seem to make it to their guaranteed mileage -- by a long shot. But, having not really tried any of their new automotive DOT competition tires I am now considering the move in the future. Now Pee-relleeees are another story, after my serious issues with Corsas I am just not able to try a set of Trofeos.

I know how BS1 feels too, as years back contract drivers would show up at the Solo Nationals and their tires always seemed to get sticky faster than the normal ones we peons had just purchased. That War between BFG and Yokohama seemed so unfair, but today one often wonders what may be occurring with almost every competitive Tire Manufacturer. I think the one thing everyone can rely on is that someone out there has a little bit newer compound than the next guy, ha.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
It got so bad in kart racing, the a brands sponsored drivers got trick rubber in a spec tire class. By the time it was over all tires had to be delivered to the track, marked, and put in a big pile in parc ferme, then the driver's had to go out and pic 4. Then, after the quallie/ race, the tires had to be removed and left at the scales.
Total BS
Not just tires. The fuel tank and engine stay in Parc ferme at the bigger races, too.

ECF aren't Supercar 3 fast. Not way off but I have used both on the Mach 1 and my C7. I like the ECF and it wears like steel vs the SC3 wearing like iron. On both cars the conti tightens it up.

They aren't super 200 but wear better for it.

TMO Supporting Vendors