The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2000 GT - Caged - Houston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Car >
2000 SN95 Mustang GT built on the east coast to run NASA AI. Maximum Motorsports K-Member & Lower control arms, IRS out of ’04 Cobra
Aeromotive Fuel pump (in tank), Ford Motorsports Dif cover with cooler and pump, aftermarket metal dash with custom gauges, inc GPS speedo
Power Steering rack, trunk mounted battery, box and tie down, Lexan Windshield, Cobra R front bumper and wing, Coil over shocks > UK brand
Fire suppression system > Bottle empty, Fresh driveshaft > balanced and new u-joints, Extra Set > Front Rotors > Used but recently turned, new window net, seat goes with the car. 4 full sets of wheels including GT 500 2-18x9.5” & 2-18x10”
The Motor/Trans
The engine started out as a Ford 302 roller block out of a Mustang GT. We ditched the fuel injection, put on a carb and it had an E303 camshaft with stock E7 heads. I believe it made 225 hp at the wheels with that combination.

The crank is still standard, but the block is bored .030". It has coated, hypereutectic pistons on stock rods with good rod bolts. We added the GT40 heads with upgraded valve springs and retainers, roller rockers and a new cam. The camshaft is a Trick Flow stage 1 with a high quality double roller timing set and new Ford Racing hydraulic roller lifters. We added long tube headers and replaced the Ford distributor with an MSD billet distributor, but we reused the Weiand dual plane intake manifold and Holley 650 dbl pump carb. Also, we installed a really nice Champion road race oil pan with a stock volume oil pump during the refresh. I would estimate it's making about 275-280 hp at the wheels now with the new setup.

The motor trans was run twice in ’16 and twice in ’17 in our Fox body WRL/Lemons car. Sold the Fox (roller) 11/17 bought the SN95 Roller, installed the motor trans and it has sat in my shop ever since. It appears The Band is breaking up and the car/roller or car complete needs to go.

Roller > $3,500 as is with all the items listed above
Motor/Trans > $2,000
As Is Car/Motor/Trans > $5,000 takes it all
email me direct @ mt pockets 56 @ g mail DOT com

557 dr side.jpg

557 pass side.jpg

557 e.jpg

557 f.jpg

557 g.jpg

557 h Diff cooler.jpg

557 i.jpg

557 m.jpg