The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 2000 GT Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Looks rough in the pictures that you have to autocross at Road America, such a rough break for a bit of automotive fun, ha. You Red Steed brings back memories of my 99 Cobra and it changed my racing life after running around Road America with a group of Vipers during a Viper Days Challenge Series. I thank that little white Snake for helping me get super involved with Vipers ( sold them from 99 til they stopped building them in 2017 ). Seems like Snakes were a positive symbol for the cars I loved and sold.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Looks rough in the pictures that you have to autocross at Road America, such a rough break for a bit of automotive fun, ha. You Red Steed brings back memories of my 99 Cobra and it changed my racing life after running around Road America with a group of Vipers during a Viper Days Challenge Series. I thank that little white Snake for helping me get super involved with Vipers ( sold them from 99 til they stopped building them in 2017 ). Seems like Snakes were a positive symbol for the cars I loved and sold
What can I say? You have to run on the courses you have available, LOL. Between the go kart tracks at RA and USAir in Shawano, we are pretty spoiled. Fox Valley Sports Car Club puts on some amazing events. As much as I would like to run the big track at RA, I don't trust myself going that fast. Maybe when the 97 is built I will give it a chance.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Finished up a great season this past weekend. Took home first place in both of the Fox Valley Sports Car Club's Road America events with the 2000 GT. I dabbled with the 98 Saleen but was plagued with power steering issues. The New Edge and SN95 Mustangs were in full force this year making it really interesting to see where my skills are. The best days are when my family can join me. My 14 yo daughter has become my dedicated co-pilot and I enjoy every second of it!

20230827_154745.jpg

FB_IMG_1629165764470.jpg

20230514_172733.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel