The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 2004 AIX Mustang #14 Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
My personal observation after viewing your videos is ---------damn old " Beast " has got some cojones, ha!! Fun to watch and if you are still getting used to the car , I can sure see 1:34 -1:35s at Laguna in the near future. Look forward to more postings of the Flash Snake!!

That car sounds awesome!!!!!....My 2004 GT ran great till I totaled it.....It was my "tune-up" car while I was waiting for my Boss to be built......I survived with only a slightly fractured clutch leg......funny, I didn't feel a thing until the next day.......and then my Son took me to the hospital for x-rays........................and crutches.......

I'll always love the new edge cars.
I have come to take a liking to this one. Was more of a Fox guy previously.

My personal observation after viewing your videos is ---------damn old " Beast " has got some cojones, ha!! Fun to watch and if you are still getting used to the car , I can sure see 1:34 -1:35s at Laguna in the near future. Look forward to more postings of the Flash Snake!!
It was built well and run hard! Yes I can't wait to go back to Laguna in June and knock some more time off where this car deserves to be! Thanks Bill!
That car sounds awesome!!!!!....My 2004 GT ran great till I totaled it.....It was my "tune-up" car while I was waiting for my Boss to be built......I survived with only a slightly fractured clutch leg......funny, I didn't feel a thing until the next day.......and then my Son took me to the hospital for x-rays........................and crutches.......
Thanks you. That sounds like you have a decent pain threshold. haha

Thanks guys.

I finally reached a goal I've had for over 10 years... getting my Competition License and going W2W racing, specifically in NASA AIX class. When 2022 NASA Nationals were announced to be at Laguna Seca, I decided this was the year to make a run at it. 10 years ago I had planned on doing it one day in my 68 Camaro.... well, that didn't quite happen but I have no complaints with this car I acquired 3 years ago. It was built for the class when it was in its heyday and needs to be out racing again here we go.

I am also part of a small (and growing) group trying to revive AIX class both regionally and nationally. We are making some traction it seems but have a ways to go....

Now the goal is to start preparing and improve as quickly as possible to make a decent showing at Nationals Sept 15-18. LFG.

Overall it really was a great exerience at NASA Champs for this rookie. I had a good chance for the AIX win with the lead by 11 seconds with about 7 laps to go but I couldn't keep it on track and slid 4 off and the car shut down and would not restart. Not how I wanted it all to end but lessons learned. Get some damn radios and keep the car on track! LOL

We battled issues all week but my crew/friends answered the call and kept this car in the hunt. We were off our previous best pace by several seconds (mainly due to brake issues) but just making it to the Sunday final race was a big accomplishment for the car and my team. I will never forget it. Lots to work on in the off season.

Luckily my DNF still landed me on the podium in 3rd - which was my "minimum goal" for the event. Can't complain about that.

Here was probably the most exciting moment of the week when I lost full braking going into the corkscrew. Enjoy.

2004 Mustang.......Last year for that body style....anniversary acknowledgement......I bought a used 2004 GT, while I was waiting for my Boss to arrive.....It was a lot of fun......I'll leave it at that....................................................................................

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
to be honest, for the amount of damage that was actually done in comparison to these pictures its impressive it wasnt worse

TMO Supporting Vendors