The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 2004 NASA CMC MUSTANG Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Getting more and more new vehicle profiles - very cool to see a CMC build get posted... please do list out your suspension pieces in your vehicle profile when you get a chance, unless of course you're trying to keep that info secret for competition purposes - you can tell us though ;)

not coilovers. Just stock mounting SINGLE adj struts and shocks from AST. The kit used to be discounted for cmc racers but the company was sold to someone else so AST has diff people running the show now. My springs are almost the same as the 01 Bullitt. 750pd front linear. H&R sport progressives in rear. think the rear rate is 275ish? Very soft setup compared to my counterparts and it is very forgiving and works like a dream. I still run the 4 link rear with NO panhard bar. People think you cant run the 4 link competitively but you reall can, you just have to be smart in which control arms/bushings/sphericals you use to keep the torque boxes from binding/ripping.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Michigan
not coilovers. Just stock mounting SINGLE adj struts and shocks from AST. The kit used to be discounted for cmc racers but the company was sold to someone else so AST has diff people running the show now. My springs are almost the same as the 01 Bullitt. 750pd front linear. H&R sport progressives in rear. think the rear rate is 275ish? Very soft setup compared to my counterparts and it is very forgiving and works like a dream. I still run the 4 link rear with NO panhard bar. People think you cant run the 4 link competitively but you reall can, you just have to be smart in which control arms/bushings/sphericals you use to keep the torque boxes from binding/ripping.
I'm gonna have to stick with the stock 4 link for another season I believe. I'm going to do a Panhard bar and I was planning on ditching the tubular uppers and putting the stock ones back in- MM's site says they twist which helps with rear roll compliance. They're all on rubber bushings now. Do you suggest stock (U shaped) uppers with rubber bushings and rod ends on all four lower connection points?

Just watched some of your YouTube races. You've definitely got a handle on that car!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors