The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 2005 Mustang GT - RUKIDN2 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Urntkidn, that is one beautiful 2005. Just a guess but are you putting out around 450 Hp with the Paxton, or are there a few other mods you have not mentioned? Love the look and I have had quite a few yellow machines over the years and I personally love the look. Welcome and do post some pics or videos when you get back to the Strip this year.

PS - by the way, great beauty shot and with 12 inches of snow where I live that lake looks quite inviting and a perfect backdrop for the Yellow Jacket.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Virginia
Thank you,
I've had it dyno'd at 515 rwhp, the cams loved the supercharger. It's also has an intercooler and bigger injectors. Yea, instead of a car show this summer because of covid, they did a cruise around the lake at a local community here near Charlottesville, va. A professional photographer took pictures for free, it was awesome.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I wondered about your HP, as the company I used to work with did some Limited Edition Hurst Mustangs and Hurst kept the HP in line for durability , so the 4.6 was putting out around 450hp. I figured you had likely done a bit more , and she has to run quite stout with 515 at the rear wheels ----- I am not even close to that in my Boss S ,ha!

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Virginia
Yea, when the tuner first put it on the dyno, he was shocked and scared. 1st run, pushed 570/450 torque. For longevity, he likes to only run max 425 torque with the 4.6 3v. He detuned and backed it down to 425 torque. First FRPP "hot rod" cams/supercharger combo he had on the dyno. So, he chalked it up to the cams must be making the difference from the other cars he had tuned. That was back in 2008.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Awesome looking car. It has the old school look without being over the top. The supercharger must be a hoot!*

*(I secretly desire to supercharge but heat and weight are the enemy...but...supercharger...)

TMO Supporting Vendors