The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2007 GT500 wheels for track wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Picked up a set of OEM GT500 wheels, 18", for a great price. Anyone aware of any issues with these for track use? I would like to turn them into track setup, as my budget doesn't support the Enkei wheels many people on this forum use

dmichaels said:
Picked up a set of OEM GT500 wheels, 18", for a great price. Anyone aware of any issues with these for track use? I would like to turn them into track setup, as my budget doesn't support the Enkei wheels many people on this forum use
They were used in the Mustang Challenge so they are (heavy).... up to track use.
Looking at the Challenge races it did not slow them much though! :)

I ran two sets of them as track wheels for a couple years on my 2007 GT500 which had 200 more rwtq/rwhp and 350 lbs more front end weight than the Boss. As was mentioned, they are heavy, but a couple pounds lighter than the stock wheels.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Perfect set of feedback - thanks. Just wanted robust set of wheels. I'm not going for breaking any records, just reliable fun.

Now I just have to "burn off" the rubber that came with the wheels...

TMO Supporting Vendors