The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V 2007 Mustang GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I put a couple aluminum clamp collars on mine to keep it centered.
It tends to shift one way or the other and would touch just like that.
I ended up deleting the sway bar altogether and the rear feels much more settled.
That may change though with the Cambered rear but with the stock housing it was much better without.
That was my first thought as well. I'm curious how it'll do without the rear bar, but since evey guru here runs either without one or with the minimum necessary, I'm sure it'll be great.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
This is for 18mm but obviously pick one that fits whatever bar you have.

clamp.PNG

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Well, before the end of the year we will be moving to a small town outside Greenville, SC, for good. I'll enjoy the SoCal tracks while I can before we put down some Southern roots.
But you just got here.....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Last couple years have taught me a lot about what's most important.

That's my nice way to avoid a political rant.
Welcome to the party. Good luck finding a U Haul....the line to get out of this state is a long one.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Greenville is in a pretty part of the State and you will have relatively short drives to quite a few fun courses - Carolina Motorsports Park, Roebling Road, Road Atlanta, and Atlanta Motorsports Park. Heck, drives to VIR or Barber are not horrible, sounds like it has all the elements a TMO member would need to make a move, ha.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Greenville is in a pretty part of the State and you will have relatively short drives to quite a few fun courses - Carolina Motorsports Park, Roebling Road, Road Atlanta, and Atlanta Motorsports Park. Heck, drives to VIR or Barber are not horrible, sounds like it has all the elements a TMO member would need to make a move, ha.

This was my first thought as well. One of the many things I miss about being in the area.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well, Funk, you do have Pueblo really close by ( fun track ) and High Plains Raceway is a favorite with everyone I know. Can't say many would argue that Colorado Springs does not have a lot of fun things going on there , too!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Short drives to multiple tracks was a key factor in our decision haha.

No really. If there wasn't a track within two hours it was off the list.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Well, Funk, you do have Pueblo really close by ( fun track ) and High Plains Raceway is a favorite with everyone I know. Can't say many would argue that Colorado Springs does not have a lot of fun things going on there , too!

Oh, I don't disagree, I stumbled into a okay set up here. And Miller Motorsports is towards my brother as well. But the days of taking a friday off and being able to hit a dozen+ tracks from Florida to Virginia and GA to AL, it doesn't compare! :)

Alternatively, having less options helps keep the cost down.

Last edited:

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Pumped to hear you're going to land in the Carolinas. Greenville, SC is a great area that has been booming for years. Great downtown area, and you're in the country within 15 minutes in any direction. Also, it's a little over an hour to Asheville, NC. Guessing that figured into your decision. Our paths will cross on your way to VIR or my way to Road Atlanta. Heck you may even hit some autocross events with CCR in the Charlotte area.
I'll shut up now. You know all this stuff. I'm just a little excited.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Pumped to hear you're going to land in the Carolinas. Greenville, SC is a great area that has been booming for years. Great downtown area, and you're in the country within 15 minutes in any direction. Also, it's a little over an hour to Asheville, NC. Guessing that figured into your decision. Our paths will cross on your way to VIR or my way to Road Atlanta. Heck you may even hit some autocross events with CCR in the Charlotte area.
I'll shut up now. You know all this stuff. I'm just a little excited.
Haha, me too. We've been looking forward to this for a long time. My parents live in Asheville and my brother's family are in Charleston. We'll be hitting every track in the region once we've settled in. We are out in the country a bit. The house is actually in Easley.

As bittersweet as it is to leave the military (it was my choice, just to clarify), we are relieved to finally be able to plan our future.

Congrats man! And am glad your leaving on your decision I feel that is a huge plus. Anyways me and my wife always contemplate moving but never really have the guts we’re single income and it’s hard to justify leaving a good paying job. I am jealous especially because the Carolinas is on the list. But good luck!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Had a great time at WSIR - Big Willow today. I can feel the rust falling off and was much more confident. Car is an animal. Got signed off to move up a group. Got to chat with some fellow TMO members @PaddyPrix @5.2 liters of democracy and @flyhalf. Such an awesome group of people here!

My pads are pretty much done. I have some GLOC pads and new rotors in the garage. I bought them before I went overseas but I'm pretty sure they're fine because they just sat in a box in storage. I'll inspect them closely before putting them on

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Had a great time at WSIR - Big Willow today. I can feel the rust falling off and was much more confident. Car is an animal. Got signed off to move up a group. Got to chat with some fellow TMO members @PaddyPrix @5.2 liters of democracy and @flyhalf. Such an awesome group of people here!

My pads are pretty much done. I have some GLOC pads and new rotors in the garage. I bought them before I went overseas but I'm pretty sure they're fine because they just sat in a box in storage. I'll inspect them closely before putting them on
It was great seeing you out there! I love seeing TMO members out in force. I'm just an idiot who hates money and somehow I get to drive with all the cool guys haha

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego

Pleasure meeting you too as well. While we don't have the numbers like the e30 gang, we're certainly on our way there. When you take into account the parts that our piggies can break, it's good knowing that you've got plenty of 10mm sockets and hands in the pit.

CA

Funny, there were 4 s197's across the way at streets that day too!

TMO Supporting Vendors