The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V 2007 Mustang GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Shout out to trackdecals.com for their awesome magnetic numbers. One of the lead coordinators said my numbers were the most visible ones out there and the flaggers appreciated it.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I've REALLY been considering doing this. This may just be the push I needed. As far as squares go, that's a damn nice one.
There's no time like the present. I'm trying to figure out what is an appropriate respirator so I can cut and sand this stuff. I can already tell this is going to take me down a rabbit hole. I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
There's no time like the present. I'm trying to figure out what is an appropriate respirator so I can cut and sand this stuff. I can already tell this is going to take me down a rabbit hole. I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head.

Thats what I said before I decided to get back into racing. Yet here I am with a car in the garage with parts strewn about and reading this forum almost nightly.

Just do it!

PS, pretty good looking square!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I've discovered what appears to be a very small fuel leak at the crossover tube that runs under the intake manifold. I can pretty much guarantee it's been there since I installed the Ford Racing manifold...about 8-9 years ago when I noticed some build up but wrote it off. Need to get that cleaned up...

Long story short, don't listen to my advice because I have a tendency to ignore things, and the 4.6 is a little beast if it's been taking the abuse I've given it and still running just fine.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I'm picturing a carbon fiber tube going through your head from ear to ear. It makes it easier for my stupid comments to go in one ear and out the other.

CRAP!! I'm becoming Bill Pemberton with my sayings and puns (though I do like Bill's humor). If I start typing in German... kill me.
Well, there's nothing in between my ears anyways so I guess a carbon fiber tube won't hurt much. Probably better for aero!
You are becoming the Ken Block of punmasters, so you need to put a decal on your Mean Green Machine, the " Boonigan !"
Bill, I gymkhan't with these puns. We're drifting off topic here.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, I am with you, it is pretty easy for this Nebraskan autocrosser, better known to fellow pylon pulverizers as " Conehuskers!"

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Some nights you just have to get out and cruise. I'll give SoCal this, it was made for warm nights and letting the rear end hang out a little bit...

I should probably take it out more often.

Unrelated, after I swapped out the stock radiator and coolant tank for a Ford Performance radiator and Canton coolant tank, I have noticed that there is warm air blowing through the vents once the car warms up. Is that normal? I swear I burped the coolant and everything.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Of course it’s normal, your heater is on!

I’ll be here all night folks, don’t forget to tip your waitress.
Tip the waitress? I thought it was tip your glass and try the waitress! That sure explains a lot...

Heater isn't on. I turn everything off. I'm actually considering deleting the A/C because I just don't use it. It just didn't blow warm air before I did the swap. Never done it before so who knows what I @#$%ed up.

TMO Supporting Vendors