The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V 2007 Mustang GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Ha! I like that.

did you run it and rev it a few times with the heater on once at operating temp as part of the burping process? If not give that a try.
Yep. Squeezed the tube to get out any bubbles and I've done one full track day since I swapped everything even. It's probably just my own paranoia.

If it's actually a problem, then I can say with full confidence that this old 4.6L is a beast having gone through a track day without proper cooling. I'm pretty sure the engine heard me when I said "I'm going to swap it out for an Aluminator when it goes" and is just hanging on for dear life.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Big group there, but if you sometime run into Brian Monprode tell him Bill Pemberton said hi! Michelin has been the go to tire for the street for Vipers for decades, congrats on the new job. Did I mention that Michelin slicks are way faster than Pirellis -- heh, just stating a fact!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
First time I've logged in for about a month...254 missed notifications. Hope everyone is doing well. Just settling into the new home and new job at Michelin. Pretty awesome learning how tires are made starting from the raw materials. Mustang is parked safely in the garage, hopefully I'll get started back on it here soon. Just wanted to check in.

TMO Supporting Vendors