The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 2007 Mustang GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Really nice start and would agree to spend money on suspension and brakes before doing motor work. Welcome to TMO and though plenty on here also Drag Race , most agree that track time is their main focus, as one gets a ton more time racing!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Yes. GT500 or Performance Pack up to 2014 I believe. They are straight bolt on.
Awesome I will definitely be looking into that soon, I take it I shouldn’t have any problems with clearance since your running 18x11’s and I’m running 18x10’s with I believe +45mm offset...

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Just got my gt500 brake kit in, calipers/pads/rotors/stainless steel lines... gonna be throwing these on in the next day or two but want to make sure they will clear my wheels. I’m running 18x10 2010 gt500 replicas with I think +45 offset. I just ordered some 5mm spacers just incase but really wanna throw these on as soon as possible...

38790955-E3B8-426C-84A2-45D1BC1B0343.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Now ain't those Purdy , and I doubt they were enough to ......................brake...........the Bank, ha. Nice like Christmas upgrade and with some upgraded racing pads you are going to be surprised at the whoa your Pony has!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Now ain't those Purdy , and I doubt they were enough to ......................brake...........the Bank, ha. Nice like Christmas upgrade and with some upgraded racing pads you are going to be surprised at the whoa your Pony has!
Definitely Got a sweet deal on the calipers, pads, rotors and steel lines... I can’t wait to see the difference in these 4 piston over the stocks!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Huge fan of two piece rotors to go with rotors, and they stand up to the heat much better. Check with KNS brakes or Optimum Performance, and yes they are expensive, but I would only go with Girodisc as that is a guarantee you are getting American Steel. Yes, many big name companies are not using steel from here and the quality is superior in my estimation. Car looks fast and menacing and soon it will stop really quickly too!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Huge fan of two piece rotors to go with rotors, and they stand up to the heat much better. Check with KNS brakes or Optimum Performance, and yes they are expensive, but I would only go with Girodisc as that is a guarantee you are getting American Steel. Yes, many big name companies are not using steel from here and the quality is superior in my estimation. Car looks fast and menacing and soon it will stop really quickly too!
Definitely will look into that more, for now I’m going to use the slotted rotors/pads that came with the kit. Take some time to get used to the brakes and get everything buttoned up and maybe upgrade the rotors and pads again... got everything on today and broke it all in, maybe get some pics tomorrow in the daylight.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We will all be looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing about your new set -up!! There are 4 inches of snow here , and the East Coast is slammed , so your project in the Sunshine State is being watched and monitored by all of us armchair racers in the Northern Ice Box Regions of the USA and Canada! No pressure , haha, just glad we can share the moment.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
1608942812451.jpeg
just waiting on my extended studs,bump steer kit, and an alignment/corner balance to finish out the new setup, and of course the holidays.. hopefully get out to the track next month and get some footage of everything.

2372AFEA-2348-4100-A39C-63B1CB24E509.jpeg

BC4C874C-3D34-4BBA-AFD4-D510C41FBC68.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors