The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 2007 Mustang GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Great looking car with a really nice list of mods. Welcome to TMO, look forward to watching your progress as you continue further down the rabbit hole of track mods!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sanitary build and you will be pleased with a fat set of rubber donuts on four 18x11 Apex rims ----- hello stiction !! Noticed you have done 20+ years of W2W racing , but since the 07 GT does not have a full cage or back panel to seperate the fuel tank from the cockpit are you just setting this beast up for Time Trials? Good luck getting weight out as that is such a big advantage folks often forgo! Look forward to seeing your progress and do you normally run at Autobahn, Blackhawk Farms , or elsewhere?

Welcome again , by the way!

Jim Ryder

Retriever Racing
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
machesney park, ill.
Sanitary build and you will be pleased with a fat set of rubber donuts on four 18x11 Apex rims ----- hello stiction !! Noticed you have done 20+ years of W2W racing , but since the 07 GT does not have a full cage or back panel to seperate the fuel tank from the cockpit are you just setting this beast up for Time Trials? Good luck getting weight out as that is such a big advantage folks often forgo! Look forward to seeing your progress and do you normally run at Autobahn, Blackhawk Farms , or elsewhere?

Welcome again , by the way!
Hi Bill, I'm just doing HPDE days with the car mostly at Blackhawk Farms and Road America. I've been to Autobahn and Indy as well! I didn't get out at all this year due to a fight with prostate cancer and few other issues. I have alot of work to do over the winter and hope to get alot of track time next summer! I don't plan on any wheel to wheel racing with this car just having fun and racing myself! Last summer I made some very big improvements in my lap times, over two seconds at Blackhawk and six seconds at RA!! There's still more there so I'm going to keep working at it! I raced gokarts starting in 1975 and still do that today! I raced a Formula Vee with SCCA for fifteen years, won the Cen/Div championship four times. Things just got too expensive running SCCA so I retired from that. I found out about these track days with the Northwoods Shelby club and gave that a try. I've been hooked ever since! Way more track time than when I was racing and not as expensive! I get a kick out of showing far superior cars my tail lights! I still race gokarts as well, vintage racing is growing like crazy and a ton of fun! I have a twin engine kart that would blow your mind, crazy fast and fun! I'm going to keep going and improve the car as much as I can and see how good I can get it on my small budget. I'm already faster than I was in my formula car! My goal is to get as close to the A sedan lap times! The lap record at Blackhawk is a high 1:16 lap and I got down to 1:19 48 last summer. With a stock 4.6 I think that's pretty good, everyone is faster than I am down the straights it seems! anyways I will post more pics when I get going on it again.

junesprints.jpg

sprints07.jpg

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

000.JPG

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Awesome!

My uncle races Formula Vee. He's been doing that for as long as I can remember. The first time I ever sat in a race car was when I was really little and he drove me around the block in it!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice driving JR , you definitely look relaxed and have your steering set prior to many of the turns! Looks like you don't have much trouble catching some cars that appear they should have a bit more power and aero than you. Appreciate you posting the video and I need to make it to Blackhawk Farms in 2021.

Jim Ryder

Retriever Racing
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
machesney park, ill.
Just finished up installing that big honkin' wing! I'm guessing with the wing and splitter air dam combo I should be getting a bit more grip! Installed a set of aerocatch hood pins and blacked out the hood a little. Cover up the 302 on my stripe as it is just a little 4.6. going to start on a few things on the inside of the car next. If it ever warms up I have stuff to do under the car but just too cold to be rolling around on the floor!

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_E2503.JPG

IMG_E2504.JPG

IMG_E2505.JPG

IMG_E2510.JPG

IMG_E2511.JPG

IMG_E2512.JPG

Watched vid. Very nice driving. Can tell you are relaxed. Very smooth. My only criticism would be don’t shuffle hands on the wheel. Keep at 3&9.
Nice build too! As a 4.6 jockey I know the frustration of trying to stay ahead on some of the straights.

Jim Ryder

Retriever Racing
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
machesney park, ill.
The car ran great this August at the Blackhawk Farms Northwoods Shelby Club event. I got down into the 17's with a 1:17:56 as my new personal best! Looking to improve more in 2022! I just got a set of Apex 18x11 wheels so more rubber is going to happen. Going to a smaller rear swaybar and going to try to remover some more weight as well. Also going to add some more front aero, side dams on the splitter and dive planes. I hope to run 3-5 times next summer or more would be nice, we'll see!$$$

Group 1 shootproof-76.jpg

Group 1 shootproof-80.jpg

Group 1 shootproof-114.jpg

Group 1 shootproof-132.jpg

Jim Ryder

Retriever Racing
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
machesney park, ill.
Only got out twice this summer but ran very well! Went 2:36:80 at Road America and 1:17:40 at Blackhawk Farms. Blackhawk was a mostly damp weekend. There were dry sessions but the track wasn't as fast as it could of been! The 305's and new Apex wheels worked great! I believe I may have got all I'm going to get out of this package. Braking and handling are really good, just get beat down the straights. So do I sell this car and build a coyote powered 11-14? or coyote swap this one?? the mechanical aspect is no problem but the electrical side is not my strong suit!

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors