The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2010-2014 TPMS Sensors on ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alright cool. good to know.

Do you know how these are installed? How do they attach to the rims? Is anything else needed to make these work?

They attach to the valve stems and there's not much else to it.

racered302 said:
I just got back from getting the Boss's winter shoes installed and it didn't get a TMPS warning when I started it. I asked the manager if he had to do anything with the TPMS and he said no, just plug and play. They didn't do anything but mount, balance and install so everyone should be good too go.

Agree. I bought these for $45 and installed them yesterday.

Worked fine and no need to program.

I also would like update this thread.
I purchased the TPMS posted in this thread (ebay seller metro24...), and have not had a TPMS light on. it has been around 200mi since wheels were installed.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Just made an offer. the Buy it Now price is down to 50 bucks. I plan to get a set of winter wheels figured I would pick a set up for cheap

Update on the TPMS. The take offs I purchased on ebay have worked fine on my track wheels and never threw a code. I purchased a set of new 302S wheels and they came with new sensors and the programming tool. I installed them and forgot about the sensors not being programmed. They worked fine for about 40 miles and then the warning light came on. I checked my tires and the air pressure was fine so I kept driving my car. I drove a couple of hundred miles like that and never programmed the sensors. After about 200 miles the light went off and has never come back on. I still have the programming tool sealed in the original bag. Anyway I don't think you need the programming tool for these newer sensors and if you're light does come on let it run a couple of hundred miles and see if it goes off.

NFSBOSS said:
Update on the TPMS. The take offs I purchased on ebay have worked fine on my track wheels and never threw a code. I purchased a set of new 302S wheels and they came with new sensors and the programming tool. I installed them and forgot about the sensors not being programmed. They worked fine for about 40 miles and then the warning light came on. I checked my tires and the air pressure was fine so I kept driving my car. I drove a couple of hundred miles like that and never programmed the sensors. After about 200 miles the light went off and has never come back on. I still have the programming tool sealed in the original bag. Anyway I don't think you need the programming tool for these newer sensors and if you're light does come on let it run a couple of hundred miles and see if it goes off.

Have you check to see if the light comes on if you let some air out? Would be kind of cool if it learned on it's own.

I found a source for the metal valve stems that work with the OEM sensors. You can do a search and see if there is a retailer where you live.

Silver dill vs-925a
Black dill vs-925b
Chrome dill vs-925c

I use the silver ones on my track wheels and had them on my SVT wheels I just sold. A friend of mine just ordered the black ones for his track wheels.

Black

http://www.vampa.net/product_p/dill-vs-925b.htm

Silver

http://www.vampa.net/product_p/dill-vs-925a.htm

PDF

http://www.dillvalves.com/files/Dill_TPMS_VS-925_Valves.pdf

Last edited:
So a stupid question here. How do the sensors and the valve stems get put into the wheel? Would I be able to buy the take off TPMS sensors and then the metal valve stems and give them to whoever was installing the tires and have them put the two together?

Edit: After looking at this picture it seems that you just press the little metal tab and the stem will pull out and you can just pop the metal valve stem in place correct?

7001HP-R.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors