The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2011 Mustang GT, anyone ever get a P2195 code randomly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Plainfield, NJ
Hey guys, looking for some direction here. Last week I took my car out for the first time in about 2 months (snow/salt feels), and when I started it up the CEL came on. Checked my blue tooth scanner/app on my phone and it came to be P2195 (O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1). I thought maybe this was because it hasn't ran in a bit, so I cleared the code, filled up with fresh gas, and gave it an Italian tune-up on the highway and code never came back on, car was running fine.

A week later (today) I took the car to get teched for autocross/track day season and the code came back on, same thing. Car is still running fine, if not maybe using a bit more gas.
Is there anything I should look for before buying an upstream oxygen sensor? Just wanted to make sure there is nothing else I should be looking for. Appreciate any help.

Car is a 2011 GT, only engine mods are JLT intake, off-road X pipe, axlebacks and a dyno tune. Cars been running perfect with the tune for 5 years now.

Mine has also been doing that. I have swapped bank 1 and 2 sensors, the code followed the sensor. Replaced O2 sensor, was good again for awhile then came back, but tied to the other O2 sensor. Replaced that one, good again for awhile but just came back this past weekend.
I did just find a loose air intake at the throttle body, might have been lose enough to pull in extra air. I haven't put the car back together to test yet.
2013 Boss with LTH, stock airbox, and a tune.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Plainfield, NJ
Mine has also been doing that. I have swapped bank 1 and 2 sensors, the code followed the sensor. Replaced O2 sensor, was good again for awhile then came back, but tied to the other O2 sensor. Replaced that one, good again for awhile but just came back this past weekend.
I did just find a loose air intake at the throttle body, might have been lose enough to pull in extra air. I haven't put the car back together to test yet.
2013 Boss with LTH, stock airbox, and a tune.

Yeah I'm putting a Motorcraft sensor in this weekend. I'll check the intake when I get back make sure its not loose. I DID have it off in the winter to put in a GT500 radiator fan, maybe its just a tad loose. Thanks for the tip.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel