The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012-2013 Boss transmission-How many builds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok I hear there are three Boss builds first with problems second with not as many and third I dont know. How many different builds are there for the transmissions? I believe I have a second build car but maybe first build trans with problems all over again I want it replaced but is there one that is good at all? Did they fix the issues by 2013 or not?

Define what you mean by build. I thought your car was fixed? What's the problem now?

mine is a second quarter laguna and i have zero issues with the trans or clutch.
only thing i have is an occassional shift issue that i can be safe to say is coming from the shifter. i say this vecuase when i get used to the softer bushing i no longer miss shifts. (2 to 3)

this trans still has the stock ford fluids ect in it too. and i spin it to 8300 on occassion and the clutch does not drop to the floor as some of you have issue with

hope that helps you.

NFSBOSS said:
Define what you mean by build. I thought your car was fixed? What's the problem now?

It was working great I thought for sure it was perfect then noticed the clutch pedal changing its point of release then looked at the parking spot at work and thought damn the clutch line is leaking. Well it turns out the transmission is shooting fluid out the over flow tube and shifting is pretty damn bad again. I am wanting to know if there was ever a change in the transmissions?

gremlinsteve said:
mine is a second quarter laguna and i have zero issues with the trans or clutch.
only thing i have is an occassional shift issue that i can be safe to say is coming from the shifter. i say this vecuase when i get used to the softer bushing i no longer miss shifts. (2 to 3)

this trans still has the stock ford fluids ect in it too. and i spin it to 8300 on occassion and the clutch does not drop to the floor as some of you have issue with

On occasion meaning not repeatedly like on a road course? That is where it usually comes up. The shifting issues (for me at least, other than the 1st lock outs) are also only when the transmission is warm from repeated shifting - though I do not power shift and always heel-toe.

Ok they told me the leaking was a seal around the shift shaft and is fixed and it was low on fluid that it now shifts perfect i told the manager take it home tonight drive it as he wants and if he feels the same way I will take it home tomorrow and see if it is fine now. I will say the time they replaced the sinkros it came back working perfect so who knows maybe the issues were all from low fluid from the leak. crossing my fingers it is fine. It does make sense that low fluid would make it work like crap from that leak. I plan to start taking this to our local track to run it hard the way it is supposed to be and also plan to take my service manager and his boss there where they both will be the first on a track with it we will see if it holds up :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors