The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 and 2013 Boss Production Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
I saw this on the Boss Mustang Owners Association Facebook page. I thought (wished) they would hold closer to the 4,000 number produced each year. Looks like the Laguna Seca's were more popular in 12 than in 13.

Brian

12and13BossProductionNumbers_zps70e26ada.jpg

Boss1601 said:
Great post. Now we just need the color and options break down!
You'll find all that information in the registry forum where I moved this thread.

batman48195 said:
I saw this on the Boss Mustang Owners Association Facebook page. I thought (wished) they would hold closer to the 4,000 number produced each year. Looks like the Laguna Seca's were more popular in 12 than in 13.

Brian

12and13BossProductionNumbers_zps70e26ada.jpg

Interesting how we get different production numbers for different sources.

I ordered a build sheet from Ford for one of my 2012 LS cars and the production numbers on the build sheet shows a total of 771 LS cars built for 2012. I suggest that this production figure may include the MP and PP Laguna Seca cars that were built in 2012 but that is pure speculation on my part.

I asked the Ford researcher who provided this information to confirm how many PP cars were built in 2012 and he could not provide that information. To the best of my knowledge there were only 3 PP cars built in 2012 and if there are more out there does someone on this forum have any PP cars that exceed "PP0003" or further production information for these cars?

PP003 is owned and sitting in Pennsylvania and PP0001 is in South Carolina and no idea where PP0002 is?

Harry

8)

I wouldn't say the LS were more popular in 2012, Ford just built more of them. I know my Boss would have been LS if I could have found an allocation for one.

TMO Supporting Vendors